Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Checking interest before I toss my stock pipes(01 vol) in the dumpster at work.

They both have 1/2" holes drilled in the rear plate and I ran a piece of rebar through the center of each muffler.
Couple scrapes on the mufflers from an "incident" two years ago but not bad.
Offers? Trades?

Electrical wiring Gas
Pipe Auto part Muffler Exhaust system Steel
Bumper Automotive exterior Glass Floor Vehicle

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
21,177 Posts
If they were intact, they'd be worth something. Toss 'em.

·
Registered
21,177 Posts
They're intact, except for the 1/2" holes you drilled in the back plate and the missing center baffle. Most people who want to go back to stock pipes want it to be quiet. Mangled exhaust ends don't accomplish that. And since anyone with a tool in their hand can accomplish that with their own pipes, it lowers the value to zero. Sorry. Your best bet is to take them to a scrap yard and at least get a couple of bucks for them, rather than just throwing them away.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Will the 01 pipes work on the 05? I'd kind of like to experiment with a set of pipes to see what I could come up with but I don't want to have much in them and I certainly don't want to screw up the pipes I have on my bike now. If they will work on my 05 I would like to have them but I would be hesitant because of the high shipping costs. I am in WV so I bet shipping them to me from AK would be a hit........

·
Registered
21,177 Posts
Yes they will work. But shipping will be pricey. I sent a set of stock pipes to a member 3 years ago and it was $45 to ship to NC from Pa.

The drilled and punched stockers will be louder than what you have on your bike now. You won't see any gains anywhere except the decibel meter.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I have already punched and drilled mine and I like the sound but I am just curious what kind of sound I can get doing different things like cutting off some length and then adding cherry bombs or something like that. I just want to tinker around with a set for kicks but I wouldn't want any more than $30 or $40 in the pipes to begin with because they might end up in the dumpster here! LOL! I know you can only get so much real "sound" out of a 800 cc engine and the sound I have now is cool and I am happy but I am always looking for something to get into and that project sounds interesting.

·
Administrator
57,123 Posts
I have already punched and drilled mine and I like the sound but I am just curious what kind of sound I can get doing different things like cutting off some length and then adding cherry bombs or something like that. I just want to tinker around with a set for kicks but I wouldn't want any more than $30 or $40 in the pipes to begin with because they might end up in the dumpster here! LOL! I know you can only get so much real "sound" out of a 800 cc engine and the sound I have now is cool and I am happy but I am always looking for something to get into and that project sounds interesting.
If You really want the machine to growl, find a set of HK 3" big straights, or the slightly shorter, 3" Road Burner, drag pipes.

Reactions: Mark's c50t

·
Registered
21,177 Posts
No matter what you do to the stock pipes, they're never going to sound or perform as well as a purpose built exhaust. I think the V&H Cruzers sound the best I have ever heard on an 800cc bike. Save your money and get something worthwhile..... Unless you REALLY want to tinker with the stock stuff....

·
Registered
906 Posts
I like the sound I have with the baffles punched and the plate drilled so I won't be spending the fat cabbage to "hope" I like the sound of new pipes better. I was just thinking I would like the stock pipes to be a little shorter because I plan to some day make a bobber out of the bike. I will be a long time before I do this so I have time to tinker around with a set of stock pipes. I have actually heard two c50's (locally) with pipes from V/H and Cobra and I didn't care for either one. Don't get me wrong, they sounded ok but for the money I am just as happy with the rumble I have after doing the baffle punch and drilling the holes in the back plate. I just can't cut the pipes off without gutting them and that's the reason I want to play around with a set.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.