Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the majority of riders satisfied with the stock sound? I feel that the stock pipes have a nice note to them as compared to other stock bikes I've heard.

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
you mean you can hear them? hell i had to change my pipes cause i couldn't tell if the bike was running or not.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I was talking to a biker at Dairy Queen today. His kids were out of college and he had finally traded his Yamaha on a new Harley!!! He said he like it....but said, ....you know.......a Harley doesn't sound like a Harley unless you change the stock pipes. Hmmmm...sounds like everybody has the same problem.

That is excepts for me. Thirty years ago I liked loud pipes (and loud music too), but age has a way of curing that. I can't stand boom boxes and cagers whose ride are bouncing from the decibels unleashed by the huge woofers in the back. And frankly, I don't like loud pipes anymore either....neither do my neighbors. After all it's just about noise, louder noise, and even louder noise!!!!

So, after thirty years, I am riding with stock pipes and enjoying the piece and quite. Until a bike with Vance and Hines passes me.

But you know what they say. Some people's noise...is other people's music.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I dabbled around with the stock pipes on my 03... I put a 3/4 inch conduit pipe with a sawed off taper up the baffle tube and opened up the restriction found at its end and that was it for a year . Then Wife rode behind bike in car on longer trip , and said the bike was so quiet it was dangerous , people wouldn't be able to tell I was there. . SHE wanted it louder !! . I ve drilled out the end cap for now , and am hunting up the holesaws next .. . I just cant believe What a lucky fella I am !

·
Registered
129 Posts
Compared to other bikes, I think that Suzuki has some awesome stock pipes. There are so many nice aftermarket exhausts out there though, it is hard to fight the urge to switch.

Wild Man

1 - 10 of 10 Posts