Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just logged another 700 miles on my 05 C50T.
That puts me at 39,000 miles now.
Rode up to Mackinaw City, (Northern tip of lower Mi.), spent the night, then came home following the coast of Lake Huron to 23 miles north of Detroit.
All I can say is "flawless".
The upgrades were so worth it.
DJ drive, Ultimate drivers seat with drivers back rest, cobra exhaust and FI 2000, and Barron's Big Air kit along with a Garmin Numi 50 GPS.
So comfortable even after 7 to 8 hours.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Just got back from Montana and did the road to the sun and it would not have been pleasurable if it was not for the DJ drive, mustang seat and back rest, the fairing helped a lot too but not my favorite look.
We took I 90 out and US 2 back, Fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts
Thats a great ride. what route did you take? We did an overnight camp to the tip of the thumb (Port Austin) this weekend.rode M-25/29 up and back. great weather and lots of garage sales we stopped so many times the 2.5 hour trip turned into a 6 hour episode of American Pickers. Good thing we were on the bike or i would have bought those 6ft. mounted moose antlers....

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats a great ride. what route did you take? We did an overnight camp to the tip of the thumb (Port Austin) this weekend.rode M-25/29 up and back. great weather and lots of garage sales we stopped so many times the 2.5 hour trip turned into a 6 hour episode of American Pickers. Good thing we were on the bike or i would have bought those 6ft. mounted moose antlers....
You know what, I don't know the route on the way there. I just followed the route from my GPS. It took me to Petoskey, (which was surprising).
I'll have to check my GPS history.
I took 23 to 13 to 15 to Clifford to M53 home.

I've done the Thumb trip twice this year.
Start at New Baltimore, follow 25 all the way up to Port Austin and continue to Caseville and down to Sebawing. Then pick up 24 all the way down to Oxford then to Lakeville, then to Rochester then to Shelby Twp.
That ride can be done in a day with no problem.

·
Registered
454 Posts
The thumb trip is one of my favorites. Pretty much every small town has a beach and an ice cream store, so you are never far from fun. The campground in Port Austin (Port Crescent State Park) is nice, good sunsets and hiking, but it is family oriented with "quiet time" and lots of RV's with their air conditioning and TV's humming all night. I am more of a back country camper, but for this trip it was perfect because we just wanted somewhere to pitch our tent and go for a hike and a swim.
If you are ever in the Northwest part of Michigan, the Tunnel of Trees is a MUST on the bike. M-119 from Cross Village to Harbor Springs ( or vice versa) Don't miss Leg's Inn, one of the coolest spots to have lunch looking out over lake Michigan.The Tunnel of Trees / Northern Michigan Drive

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The thumb trip is one of my favorites. Pretty much every small town has a beach and an ice cream store, so you are never far from fun. The campground in Port Austin (Port Crescent State Park) is nice, good sunsets and hiking, but it is family oriented with "quiet time" and lots of RV's with their air conditioning and TV's humming all night. I am more of a back country camper, but for this trip it was perfect because we just wanted somewhere to pitch our tent and go for a hike and a swim.
If you are ever in the Northwest part of Michigan, the Tunnel of Trees is a MUST on the bike. M-119 from Cross Village to Harbor Springs ( or vice versa) Don't miss Leg's Inn, one of the coolest spots to have lunch looking out over lake Michigan.The Tunnel of Trees / Northern Michigan Drive
Now you tell me. I literally drove past Harbor Springs.
Had to get to Mackinaw City to try to find a room. None available for miles.
Happened to walk in on a cancellation so I got lucky.
The best part was the rate was only a measly $299.00 for one night.
Almost slept in the park but said screw it, you only live twice.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Aggggghhhhhhh sorry my Suzuki Extra Sensory wasnt working. Wish i would have caught you before your trip. now you have a reason to go back... and make reservations this time! that $300 would have been much better spent on booze, women and steak dinners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.