Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I install a new V&H Straights shots to my C50 and disable the pair valve with the golf tee and still having backfires in deceleration. What else can I do?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Did you disconnect the battery to clear the OBC settings? If not, try that. Disconnect, leave off for a while to drain any capacitors, reconnect then start engine without twisting the throttle.

Did you modify the air intake?

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Did you replace your gaskets when you did the pipes? I did not replace mine and did not get a good seal on the old ones. Had to order new ones and once they were installed the backfiring stopped.

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
Phloyd said:
Did you replace your gaskets when you did the pipes? I did not replace mine and did not get a good seal on the old ones. Had to order new ones and once they were installed the backfiring stopped.
Inline with checking gaskets, make sure u got a good seal. If pair is disabled, the only culprit is air getting into the exhaust early, (exhaust leak).... i beleive another member had the same problems and there were some plates betwwn the heads and the pipes that he put on backwards.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The one thing that will get rid of your backfiring is the bypassing of the O2 sensor. Vance and Hines reccomend doing this for our bikes. I had mine installed by a pro and he did the bypass.....I don't know HOW you do it but i have had no backfiring since he did it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts