Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took my 2007 C50 out for a first ride today! The bike has a gear shift level that is controled via the toe and heal. I noticed that when I switch gears my gearfoot level does not return back to the normal position. I can switch to first gear with my toe and secomd with my heal. To switch to 3rd I have to tap the toe to reset the lever to the normal position so that I can then use my heal to switch to 3rd gear. Same thing happens switch to 4th and 5th. Any time I push down with my heal to shift up the gearfoot level does not return to the normal position without help.

I just put a MC Crash Bar on the bike. This moved the gearshift level out away from the bike the thickness of the bar flange out thus I no longr have perfect alignment. Not sure I should adjust the link between the lever and gearshift cam or do someting else.

Has anyone experenced this issue? What would be best fix?

Since I am a new rider thought I would get some advise first!

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
2,777 Posts
I'm not familiar with the MC bar installation but it concerns me that installing them would do anything to the position of the gear shift lever. My guess, and it's only a guess, is that something is wrong with the install.
Be patient, one of the experts will come along and chime in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts