Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know. Bear with me please. :)

Haven't got the owner's manual, haven't had a motorcycle in a couple decades, I don't want to hurt my new baby tied down in the back of my truck starting it up to hear it for a minute or two. ;-)

And yes I'm signed up for all sorts of fun classes. :)

Really happy to be here. Thanks for giving n00bs a safe place to ask stupid questions.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Key on, kill switch off, gear shift in neutral, hold clutch handle in, push starter button until it starts up.

·
Registered
19,521 Posts
Key on. Wait for fuel pump to prime (it will make a whirring sound, then stop). kill switch off (red button on the right side, pushed towards the ground). gear shift in neutral, hold clutch handle in, push starter button until it starts up. Don't twist the throttle when trying to start because it is fuel injected and you can actually flood the cylinders doing that.

Most important of all, sign up for the MSF basic riders course IMMEDIATELY!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. Worked like a charm, obviously :) I didn't want to mess something up by pressing the wrong button so I appreciate it!

Bike is dropped off for a basic servicing/inspection at Cycle Country in Salem OR so I can have a professional look it over, and classes begin on the 12th.

Hope to see some of you out there this summer!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I manual tells you "if the bike doesn't start rite up, crack the throttle open a bit to start". I have found that if the bike sits for a long time, I just crack the throttle and she fires right off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts