Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
I just purchased a 2003 Volusia and I have not been able to lock the steering, what should I look for . Is there a separate key for this function?
Welcome to the VR!!

Please feel free to introduce yourself in the "new members" forum. :wayhappy:

As to your question - it's not a separate key. You may have to push the key in a bit to allow it to lock or, as sometimes happens on these bikes, the lock may have been damaged in the past. Usually when that happens, it is stuck in the lock position and the lock might be disabled because of the "fix" to get it unstuck.

Reactions: JLC

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
As stated above, it may have been damaged by a prior owner. But try turning the handlebars all the way to the left, insert key, push and turn the key to the left. If that doesn't work, the only way to find out if it has been damaged is to remove the ignition switch, and you would need to buy a set of Security torx bits for that.

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
Thanks for the reply , I have tried that and its looking like it has been damaged. What about a caliper lock ? any sugestions
A rotor lock would be good to keep it from ''rolling away''... :biglaugh:

I guess it depends on the area where you live......

·
Super Moderator
34,498 Posts
The steering lock is only good for deterring kids, real thieves could care less. The caliper lock is better, and if you feel like you need it, a good quality chain is best.

I just use the Harley system for security. If you park your Suzuki next to a Road King or something similar, it'll never be stolen. Promise. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
just insure it, add accessory coverage, if its stolen get another

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.