Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.....I got a real nice STEEL front fender for my c50 due to the unfortunate mishap with the old PLASTIC P/O/S! I can't figure out for the life of me why the HE* they would make a front (or rear) fender for a motorcycle out of plastic! but that's another rant entirely.....I got this sweet fender and the dude had no idea what bike it was off of and I thought maybe someone could tell by looking at it....? Never mind the fluffy background! I took the pics in my studio (little spot on the garage work bench) that I use to photograph antique dolls that I professionally restore and sell.

Who wore this one?

Stella is about to wear this fender with a few minor alterations!

She is tired of being naked on the front wheel!

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Don't know. I'm sure that fender mounting bracket can be identified at some point.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Is the hole spacing on the fender an EXACT match to your struts or will you have to modify ?

I had a metal front fender on my c50 and it came off a C109. I ask about the hole spacing because mine was an exact match and I doubt many others would be.

It was a really snug fit to get in position but once it was there just bolt her on and reinstall the wheel/tire. Perfect fit.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to elongate the holes in the mounting bracket by about 1/8th of a inch out on each one to make it work and I have 1/2" spacers to put in between the fender and fork mount and then it will be just fine.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah....I have no clue what it is off of and neither did the dude that I bought it from. It is a very nice heavy steel fender kind of reminds me of a Harley fender but I really have no idea.

·
Registered
432 Posts
As much having a plastic fender makes the bike seem cheap, I was happy it wasn't steel when I slowly slid on gravel and the bike ended up on the front fender. I could see the fender all twisted and pressed against the front wheel while the bike was on the ground. When I put it back all that remained was a little scratch on the right side of the fender. Had that been a steel fender, I would've had to fix the whole **** thing.... so might look cheap, but it sure worked for me!!! :) Let's see a pic when you get that fender on it!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hear ya Rob! I have a really cool Gangster front fender coming for her but I picked this steel one up for a song and I like the steel. I will have a back up if anything should happen to one of them so I have the best of both you might say! I will have it on tomorrow and shoot some pics. I like the way it looked when I did the mock up to figure out what to get to secure it so I think I am going to dig it!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After further close review it doesn't seem to have the same mounting bracket. In fact, the V Star doesn't have that extra little bracket extending away like this one. Still very likely Yamaha though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.