Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to purchase but noted the option of buying with or without deluxe wiring kit from bikerhighway. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
sisco said:
You need the relay, the rest is just wire you can get anywhere.
So the choice is buy w deluxe wiring kit
or by without and then go buy the wire and relay elsewhere...

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
The wiring kit gives you several different lengths of wires in kind of "standard" colors....The instructions tell you to wire the red one to the power, white to the ground, etc. It also includes the right connectors and stuff.

I happen to think you're gonna spend more than $5.99 or whatever it is on supplies, not to mention your time, gas, etc. You're gonna have to buy some kind of multi-pack of connectors, 10ft roll of wire, etc. I also haven't had any problems with the relay provided in the kit.

If you've got connectors and stuff already in your toolbox, skip the kit. Maybe buy some extra wire and consider the relay based on other's opinions. But being that my toolbox had NONE of that electrical stuff at the time, I found the wiring stuff useful.

·
Registered
147 Posts
with the wireing kit i found depends were you mount the horn you need longer wire and and to me the wire in the kit wasent heavy enough and the kits 10.00

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
I want to move mine back a bit. Is it ok to remove this bolt and long enough to put a mount plate under it?

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
TNrookie said:
T

I happen to think you're gonna spend more than $5.99 or whatever it is on supplies, not to mention your time, gas, etc. You're gonna have to buy some kind of multi-pack of connectors, 10ft roll of wire, etc. I also haven't had any problems with the relay provided in the kit.
With you on this one! Though the Relay actually comes with the horn, not with the wiring kit, so he wouldn't have to worry about finding one of those elsewhere

1 - 11 of 11 Posts