Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my stebel today and got it on sound great all my friends around cant belive how loud it is. I have to be the only guy in Northern Cambria PA That has one of this. I know in 20 years of rideing i have never hard one of this and none of my buddys have. Will i just want to thank all how answered my other post in HELP on how to hook one of this up. One more thing to anyone looking to buy the STEBEL dont waste you money on the wire kit. THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
292 Posts
Got mine today from the parts fairy in the brown truck and will be installing it in the morning. I also ordered from bikerhiway.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Sounds like a good idea. I'll be lookin' into this!!!!!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Congrats on the install! Where abouts are you in Northern Cambria? I'm assuming you're talking about Cambria County? I'm originally from there as well.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah cambria county the name was Barnsboro and Spangler and the two towns became one and they named it Northern Cambria. Still pissed off over that one. Were was you from

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Wow, you're close! I'm from Chest Springs, not far from you at all. Nobody back home ever told me that Barnsboro and Spangler combined.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah about 10 years ago i think i get up to Chest Springs sometimes its about a hour from here

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Hmmmm.....I've been gone for 25 years now. The ol' memory ain't what it used to be, so maybe someone did mention something back then. I'm planning (hoping) on coming up in June for Thunder in the Valley. You going?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
we go every year email me when your comeing you bringing the bike you stil have family there

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Yeah, I plan to. My very first supervisor in the Air Force is retired and lives in Lancaster. He's planning on coming over and meeting me in Chest Springs. I'll keep in touch and let you know for sure if I'm coming as the time gets closer.
Ok, end of the thread hijack. :) Gotta go pick up the rental car and head to Florida for the week.

·
Registered
665 Posts
fletch24990 said:
Did you have to take the tank off???
That is what I'd like to avoid.
I didn't take my tank off. Used some black tubing about 1/2" dia. from Home Depot. Threaded it from under the seat down the right side above the air filter and across to the left at the neck cover. Mounted the relay under the seat and threaded the wires through the tube. Extend the existing horn wires back to the relay and the power wires to the horn, all inside the tubing. A little liquid hand soap on the wires makes the threading smooth. Pretty EZ

·
Registered
45 Posts
Question about the horn switch. Does yours work without the key being on? I had a mechanic install my stebel when he adjusted my valves. I did not notice before if the original horn worked with the key off.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
billy57 said:
Question about the horn switch. Does yours work without the key being on? I had a mechanic install my stebel when he adjusted my valves. I did not notice before if the original horn worked with the key off.
It don't and my stebile is in the same circuit and don't.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no my old horn dident work with the key off and my stebel dont work with the key off i dont no what the guy did but he most have got a wire in the wrong place im thinking its wrong on the relay really i cant say if it would hart anything mybe some one on here can tell you

1 - 19 of 19 Posts