Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I did it. went ahead and ordered the Stebel horn and wire kit from BikerHiway.Im a little nervous about the install , but I see there are a couple good threads here, and the Rusks, so hopefull things will go ok. And I told myself I was done with the modding. Yea, right.

·
Registered
147 Posts
you will like it and its not bad to hook up and the more im on this site i never run out of thigs to find to put on my bike

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
I was extremely nervous when I installed mine. First time I ever messed with anything electrical on the bike. I had no problems. It took me forever because I kept checking and rechecking, but it all worked out. You'll do fine.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
It's an easy install, the instructions are pretty good. I think the Rusks had a very good install tutorial, too.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
CYFHMN ?????

I was hesitent also but did it a month ago and boy am I glad I did. Saved my butt twice already, including yesterday afternoon. You should've seen that girls eyes when I laid on it!!! It was like "WAAAA!!!! Where did he come from????

Easy install. Get you one of Bikerpops chrome straps to install it.

What song is it you wanna hear?????

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Horn came Friday. That was fast. I ordered the wiring kit with it, and it looks to me like the wires are too short to reach from the relay to the horn wires. Si I ended up going to the hardware store and buying a few feet of longer wire. Ill let you know how I make out. Hopefully get it done today. Oh, I made a bracket from one eight inch steel and painted it gloss black.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the horn is on. Wasnt too bad a job. Turns out the only wires that werent long enough were the red and black one that went to the horn. Yea, for $10.00 for a few connectors was kind of a rip, but live and learn I guess.
That sucker is a huge improvement over the little twirp stock horn.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
welcome to the CYFHMN club.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
freebird77 said:
is that because you can't HEAR what he's telling you now?? or that you don't know what CYFHM stands for??

= CAN YOU [email protected]#(ING HEAR ME NOW

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
well I tried some thread decorum and pm'ed him that.

/shrug

1 - 15 of 15 Posts