Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think my stator went bad. If it is...are the Ricks stators really all that bad? Just don't have the $350+ for OEM one. Any idea if plug on them fits factory without mods?

·
Registered
19,518 Posts
What bike are you trying to fit a stator to?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Think my stator went bad. If it is...are the Ricks stators really all that bad? Just don't have the $350+ for OEM one. Any idea if plug on them fits factory without mods?

$250.00 or less. Metrectric parts outlet. Looked at 2003 Vol. Be sure before you buy.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
How have you determined the stator is bad? Can you provide any detail, what year model, C50 or C90?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have to check when I get home, but battery meter hooked to bike is reading only about 11 volts. Was getting a charging green light until yesterday. Will figure out for sure before I get but, been hearing all the probs with 2006 c90 stators.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I checked with Ricks a few months ago. Their stator is factory spec, so no improvement over the weak stock stator there. I was disappointed.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I checked with Ricks a few months ago. Their stator is factory spec, so no improvement over the weak stock stator there. I was disappointed.
The OEM for that year was covered under a recall. I would think that new ones, although OEM, would be updated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have used ricks stuff in my shop for years, have probably installed 2 dozen of them. It is high quality and good return policy. Make sure that you check your regulator rectifier it is suggested that you change both at the same time. Any good shop can do a charging system check for you for free, well we do

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, broke down and ordered stator and rectifier from Ricks. Crossing fingers they work ok. Question is, the sales rep on phone said its possible they may arrive needing to reuse the oem plug. Not too concerned about that as much as hooking the wires up correctly. Doesnt the stator have three yellow wires? Are they somehow marked differently?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got rickshaw stator and voltage regulator. Everything came with correct plugs, fit perfectly. Charging at 14.4 volts. Only difficult part were those **** inside rubber grommets, for the r/r cover, kept wanting to fall off when I put on. Is there an easy way to make them stay while putting on?

·
Administrator
52,327 Posts
Got rickshaw stator and voltage regulator. Everything came with correct plugs, fit perfectly. Charging at 14.4 volts. Only difficult part were those **** inside rubber grommets, for the r/r cover, kept wanting to fall off when I put on. Is there an easy way to make them stay while putting on?
LocTite, Permatex or 3M weatherstrip adhesive will quickly glue rubber to metal, but the metal and rubber parts must be clean and free of oil.
Give the adhesive about 20-30 minutes to tack the parts, the warmer the air temp, the better.

Weatherstrip adhesive will cure in about 10 minutes or less, if exposed directly to hot Summer Sun.

BTW; LocTite brand is far cheaper, and especially when purchased thru Amazon......a large 5 oz tube will last for a few years, if properly capped and stored. It also secures nuts and bolts, yet they can be easily removed when needed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts