Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are countless threadd about the hyperchargers. I just wanted to say that with debaffled pies, and the
cobra 2000r processor, the hypercharger seems to work perfectly on my 06 C50. I installed it this evening, including the stinger cover plate, and despite the sparse instructions, it was rather easy to do. While I was in that area I also replaced the stock plugs with iriduim sparks. She fired up and the butterflies fluttered to the sweet sound of the debaffled pipes at an idle and then opened up with a quick twist of the wrist....nice..... I haven't road tested it yet, that will probably come Sunday and I will be able to report on the full spectrum performance. I would like to say that I was mostly interested ion the looks of the hypercharger than the possible performance boost it may or may not give, to which i don't care anyway. Finished the day out with some chrome tank trim and also dressed up the license plate frame with some of the left over trim, and finally tied on the bell that fletch24990 gave to me when I visited him yesterday.. nice guy if you haven't met him. I will be able to post some pics Monday night at the soonest, but that should bust the myth of some of the posts that I read about the hypercharger not working properly. BTW the Cobra Fi200R is set at the factory settings. it may need some tweaking and I may need to find some help with that, but it does run good at those settings. All in all it is an expensive upgrade for looks, but I am grinning all over again....

·
Registered
598 Posts
Congrats on a succesful install iron_cowboy. I've been waiting to see how it went. So that means mine should be okay too. I had drilled pipes but went ahead and debaffled tonight. I have the FI2000R ready to go in. I wish I felt comfortable to install mine. I asked at the dealer today and they want $180 to install the FI2000R and hypercharger. Sounds pretty high, but I don't want to mess it up.
I can't wait to see pics and hear how your road test goes on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MalteseYo, Save yourself $180.00 and do it yourself, I did this with no prior experience, just took a common sense approach. I did call Thunder when it came time to splice the vacum line and the guy there walked me right through it. the stock vacum line is smaller than the line provided to go to the intake, I simply used my heat gun to warm the stock tube so that it would slide more easily over the plastic splicing tee. very simple to do. The fuel processor was easier to install. Once you get the tank off and study what is underneath for a moment, and most important ,"read the instructions before you start" you sill see how easy it is. I will be happy to answer any questions pertaining to the install for anyone that in interested.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Easy for you to say. :) I had a hard enough time installing my light bar. I had it about together except the last trim piece before I realized I'd missed on the instructions where I was supposed to put the light bar mount in to the turn signal mount bar. Taking it all back off, I managed to cross thread a bolt, and strip a head on a set screw. I like to never have got them off. I decided then that for future installs, maybe I needed to just pay, it would be less headaches.

Thanks for the advice and tips, but really, I'm scared I'll screw it up. I used to be fairly mechanically inclined, but seem to have lost that in my old age. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts