Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently started hearing a squealing noise coming from the front end of my 2006 C50 Boulevard. At first I thought it was wind noise. It only made noise at about 55 to 60 MPH. I can now hear it at lower speeds. 25 or 30 MPH. Any thoughts? Front wheel bearings? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently started hearing a squealing noise coming from the front end of my 2006 C50 Boulevard. At first I thought it was wind noise. It only made noise at about 55 to 60 MPH. I can now hear it at lower speeds. 25 or 30 MPH. Any thoughts? Front wheel bearings? Any help would be appreciated.
Yes. I had the exact same thing happen yesterday thought it might be wind from the windshield. Checked the Clymer manual with my fingers crossed and found an answer I think. They're saying that it's not uncommon to have a compression leak from either a sparky plug not quite tight or a head bolt/ nut coming loose , to tighten each to check. I'm hoping this solves it for me today.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes. I had the exact same thing happen yesterday thought it might be wind from the windshield. Checked the Clymer manual with my fingers crossed and found an answer I think. They're saying that it's not uncommon to have a compression leak from either a sparky plug not quite tight or a head bolt/ nut coming loose , to tighten each to check. I'm hoping this solves it for me today.
Just replaced the spark plugs last week and wheel bearings yesterday. That's not it ! Gonna try lubing the speedo sensor.

·
Super Moderator
32,496 Posts
Have you tried greasing up the rotor?

Just kidding, of course. Seriously though, is it a consistent sound, or does it ring in and out. My C50 used to make, what I would call, a ringing noise from the front end. It took me a bit to figure it out, but it turned out to be the brake pad rubbing gently on the rotor. Most likely the rotor was just slightly warped, so it wasn't constant, it would ring out once per tire rotation. More of a "ring...ring...ring" rather than a "squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee".

Hopefully I didn't use too complicated of a technical term there and you could follow. 😉

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts