Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still new to the bike world and after doing some reading found that the Volusia has an electronic speedo but when I took mine apart all I found was a mess inside. Hopefully the pic I tried to upload will be attached. Anyway it was like a ground up magnet and I dug all the broken pieces out with a screwdriver. I saw where there is a part that has 4 Slots on it that fit into the grooves in the hub but will I need to replace the electric part also?

Attachments

·
Registered
670 Posts
There is a post on here with the part numbers you will need. Just do a search on here

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Yes, you just need part #22. What year do you have? I have one for a C50. The Volusia one is different, so if you have a 2001-2004, Make darn sure you order one for those years, Yes the C50 one will fit, BUT, it will make your speedo twice as fast. When you get one, just grease it lightly and be careful when you install it, Get someone to help line it up in the slots while installing the axle.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot, Your bike looks great!
Mine is an 01. The guy I got it from said he had just replaced the tires when the speedo quit so he probably had it misaligned.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I doubt if he had it misaligned, I would say he just broke it. Around the metal center piece in your pic, is supposed the be a magnet with 4 tabs on it and all of them are gone. They align with the 4 tabs on your wheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts