Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I have a 2002 VL800 and on the way to work, the Speedo just quit working. Everything else is working fine one the instrument panel. I washed the bike 4 days ago. Any idea what the problem could be? The bike has about 8,500 miles on it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
When the speedometer quit working on my 02 Volusia it was the magnet sensor on the right side of the front hub that needed replacing, the “fingers” had broken off. They are not difficult to replace as long as you have a motorcycle lift because you have to remove your front axle bolt to replace it. If that is the problem with yours make sure you get the correct one as Suzuki changed them at some point. Some have 2 fingers some have 4 and I can’t remember which mine had.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When the speedometer quit working on my 02 Volusia it was the magnet sensor on the right side of the front hub that needed replacing, the “fingers” had broken off. They are not difficult to replace as long as you have a motorcycle lift because you have to remove your front axle bolt to replace it. If that is the problem with yours make sure you get the correct one as Suzuki changed them at some point. Some have 2 fingers some have 4 and I can’t remember which mine had.
Hope this helps.
I had the same thing happen on my 04 Volusia.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fairly common failure on these. Simple fix though. You'll need a bike lift and a couple of allen keys to remove the front wheel. The part itself cost $50 AUD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts