Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,049 Posts
Yeah guys, this is the speedometer thread, easy to start a new thread or PM looking for other parts so this one doesn't get off topic ........ just sayin'.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Just want to make sure this is the right speedo sensor before ordering. Also wanted to know what type of grease/lube I should be using on it when I install...

34983-21E00 ROTOR,SPEEDOMET $21.29

Thanks!
Looks like you got the right one for an 03. I bought mine like 2 years ago and they were $15.95 then. I guess we keep breaking these and the price goes up. I just used a general axel grease and haven't had a problem (yet).

·
Premium Member
9,049 Posts
Sorry.
I'm assuming you do not have a torque wrench and you worried about crushing the sensor. The axle has spacers that will prevent that from happening.
To be safe I'd check with your local auto parts store as some will let you sign out a wrench. torque specs - 47ft lbs for the Axel, 24ft lbs for the pinch bolt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys I know this is an old thread but hopefully someone see this. I just replaced my speed sensor magnet and the spacer came out of the fork and I can't get it back in. The hole in the fork is not wide enough. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to either widen the hole or to get it back in. Sorry for the dumb question.

·
Premium Member
9,049 Posts
Hi guys I know this is an old thread but hopefully someone see this. I just replaced my speed sensor magnet and the spacer came out of the fork and I can't get it back in. The hole in the fork is not wide enough. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to either widen the hole or to get it back in. Sorry for the dumb question.
Makes no sense!

Show us a picture.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry for The confusion. I thought it came out of the fork. I guess it is just placed between the bearing and the fork. I should have done a little more research before posting, but I have seen what a great community this is.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,389 Posts
Sorry for The confusion. I thought it came out of the fork. I guess it is just placed between the bearing and the fork. I should have done a little more research before posting, but I have seen what a great community this is.
Correct and the bigger end goes toward the wheel

·
Registered
3 Posts
As far as lubing up the sensor should it be lathered up like a bearing in a car axel? Like slathered on nice and thick? I took my bike to the speakership rode about 1000 miles and bam my speedo isn't working. Pretty sure I narrowed it down to the speedo sensor all the other connections look nice and tight.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry to drag this topic back up, but I recently had my speedo start bouncing. Over about a week, it gradually got worse until it was registering 10 mph while riding at freeway speeds. I searched the forum and ended up at this post. I haven't had a tire changed for almost 6,000 miles, so it wasn't recent damage. I decided to tear it down and inspect the sensor. I found the rotor intact and everything looked good. I noticed that the magnet portion turned independent of the plastic piece with the tabs. I ordered a new rotor, thanks to the good people here. I then coated the seam with JB Weld and re-assembled the front wheel. It seems to be working fine now. Hopefully this holds, as I won't have the new part for about a week and I won't have time to install it for at least a week after that. I just couldn't stand to ride without a speedometer and odometer.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts