Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever had the speedo glare up on the inside of your windshield @ night? just made the night ride 500 miles from daytona beach (BIKE WEEK 07!) at night- had the bike for a year and just now rode @ night with the glass on- SUCKED!!! cant you make a switch to turn it off?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
fishgitter1 said:
anyone ever had the speedo glare up on the inside of your windshield @ night? just made the night ride 500 miles from daytona beach (BIKE WEEK 07!) at night- had the bike for a year and just now rode @ night with the glass on- SUCKED!!! cant you make a switch to turn it off?
You've given me an idea. I'm going to look into this. Either an on/off switch, or maybe a dimmer control. Or, for convenience sake, hook it up so it comes on when you brake.

·
Registered
51 Posts
pac50t said:
fishgitter1 said:
You've given me an idea. I'm going to look into this. Either an on/off switch, or maybe a dimmer control. Or, for convenience sake, hook it up so it comes on when you brake.
Why would you want the speedometer light to come ON when you brake???
That makes no sense at all.

·
Registered
726 Posts
J Bird said:
pac50t said:
fishgitter1 said:
Why would you want the speedometer light to come ON when you brake???
That makes no sense at all.

So you will know that you are slowing down :wink:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Putting the OEM light bar with the replacment bulbs helped my glare more than anything (don't notice it with the brighter lights). But then again I don't have the visor either, maybe it would have helpped without the lights.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I ride mine at night and actually like the glare of the speedo on shield. I can pretty much tell my speed without looking down at it. Cant say that Ive riden much out of town at night to know whether or not I like it on open road though

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey...don't you know that people pay extra for "HUD" systems?
(that's Head up display)..

Can you tilt you windshield a little? That might help.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
all great ideas fellas- i thought about the visor, but didnt think it would cover it enough- tried tilting the windshield, didnt work- LOVE the idea of a dimmer control- HEY TECH HEADS, MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy all! I have a 2017 C50t and they haven't addressed the glare yet. Has anyone seen a visor/cowl that will fit the newer bikes?

Thanks!

Boot

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
That glare makes it damn near impossible to see at night.

First off, I hate riding at night, I have a hard enough time seeing.
Next, there are just so many obstacles one could find at night, from dead animals to retreads.

The last time I got caught riding at night, I ended up taping a shirt over the tank just so I could see.

Total fail on Suzy for not putting a dimmer switch somewhere.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I use it for a heads up display.... I think some aircraft folks call it "H.U.D." .. lol I made a new windshield for my bike useing tinted lexan, and it is more prominent on it then the stock clear.
Bill

QUOTE="fishgitter1, post: 647809, member: 24257"]
[/QUOTE]

·
Super Moderator
59,338 Posts
Why not just tape a piece of clear smoked film over it for night riding?

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Why not just tape a piece of clear smoked film over it for night riding?
I just pounded mine with a fist until the light went out.

Reactions: hearsejr and beezer
1 - 19 of 19 Posts