Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have a few items that I want to sell. I have a complete speed sensor assembly that is practicallt brand new. I bought it from oneida suzuki for 80. Th ere4ason I am selling it is that they made different sensors for 2001 volusia's. The one I have will work on any volusia from 2002-2007. The magnet is included with this. I paid about 80.00 for this and have about 300 miles on it. 45.00 or best offer, shipping included

Also I have a set of stock exhaust pipes that have completely gutted. I will sell for 50 and I will pick up shipping on them. They have around 15000 miles on them. Any questions you can email me at [email protected]

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
itsneon said:
Hey all, I have a few items that I want to sell. I have a complete speed sensor assembly that is practicallt brand new. I bought it from oneida suzuki for 80. Th ere4ason I am selling it is that they made different sensors for 2001 volusia's. The one I have will work on any volusia from 2002-2007. The magnet is included with this. I paid about 80.00 for this and have about 300 miles on it. 45.00 or best offer, shipping included

Also I have a set of stock exhaust pipes that have completely gutted. I will sell for 50 and I will pick up shipping on them. They have around 15000 miles on them. Any questions you can email me at [email protected]

Thanks
condition of the pipes? Arethey rusty?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
itsneon said:
Hey all, I have a few items that I want to sell. I have a complete speed sensor assembly that is practicallt brand new. I bought it from oneida suzuki for 80. Th ere4ason I am selling it is that they made different sensors for 2001 volusia's. The one I have will work on any volusia from 2002-2007. The magnet is included with this. I paid about 80.00 for this and have about 300 miles on it. 45.00 or best offer, shipping included

Also I have a set of stock exhaust pipes that have completely gutted. I will sell for 50 and I will pick up shipping on them. They have around 15000 miles on them. Any questions you can email me at [email protected]

Thanks
... I am curious as to why the later model won't work on your '01 ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Our speedometers work off of magnets and current. When I had this on my bike it would read about twice as fast as it normally would. Example would be if I was going 30 it would read aboutr 60. I believe that they added an extra magnet in actual speed sensor(the black part that goes in the front wheel). My dealer said that they were different from 2001 to 2002-07, because they added another magnet. If anyone was to buy this, and it would not work, I would glady refund your money.

The pipes are not in too bad of shape. The chrome has normal wear, nothing that I can remember being too bad. I had to replace them because the cops said that it was too loud. So they are basically useless to me. Any other questions contact me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
... well that is surprising ... thanks for the reply ... I have torn down a couple of '01s and my '02 front ends but did not know there was a difference between the speedo sensors ... good info as I have an extra for mine and now know I can't use it on Doc's or Hammer's '01 Skunks ... I had not noticed any physical different so it must be internal ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,146 Posts
Looking at Oneida's site the sensor should be the same for '01-'04 and different for the '05 and up. Could you in fact have the '05 and up unit?? I don't see how one additional magnet would double the spped indication. You would think it would be more of a ratio thing.
Any number on the unit itself?

itsneon said:
Our speedometers work off of magnets and current. When I had this on my bike it would read about twice as fast as it normally would. Example would be if I was going 30 it would read aboutr 60. I believe that they added an extra magnet in actual speed sensor(the black part that goes in the front wheel). My dealer said that they were different from 2001 to 2002-07, because they added another magnet. If anyone was to buy this, and it would not work, I would glady refund your money.

The pipes are not in too bad of shape. The chrome has normal wear, nothing that I can remember being too bad. I had to replace them because the cops said that it was too loud. So they are basically useless to me. Any other questions contact me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I beleiev taht it is a misprint on ONeida's site. I believe that the speed sensor after 01 is the same for all other volusia/c50. I spent numerous man hours trying to figure this out and never thougfht that the part was the wrong one. I am pretty sure that this will fit 02 and higher.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99,999 Posts
todd_1960 said:
Do you still have the pipes?
WELCOME, new member.

Pete
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
itsneon said:
I beleiev taht it is a misprint on ONeida's site. I believe that the speed sensor after 01 is the same for all other volusia/c50. I spent numerous man hours trying to figure this out and never thougfht that the part was the wrong one. I am pretty sure that this will fit 02 and higher.
... I would bet you are correct ... good info ...
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top