Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing people quoting various specifications for the C50 as being different from the Volusia, but when I look in various manuals, I see different numbers from what is quoted in here. Where are you guys getting all this information about HP, Compression Ratios, and dry weight? Is there a place in the forum where this stuff is noted? I couldn't find it it. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Not posted on the forum. Do a google search for your year and model. (specs)

·
Registered
21,181 Posts
Your best resource? Google. Once you get the data, you'll find there is little difference in the specs between the C50 and the Volusia. Dry weight is different than wet weight, as it does not include any coolant, oil or fuel in the bike. Wet weight is a better indication of what the bike ACTUALLY weighs as it includes the weight of all the fluids including a full gas tank. Both bikes produce low-mid 40hp and have the same compression ratio. Really, the only difference is the fuel injection, associated sensors and ECU on the C50 vs the vacuum operated carb on the Vol.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your best resource? Google. Once you get the data, you'll find there is little difference in the specs between the C50 and the Volusia. Dry weight is different than wet weight, as it does not include any coolant, oil or fuel in the bike. Wet weight is a better indication of what the bike ACTUALLY weighs as it includes the weight of all the fluids including a full gas tank. Both bikes produce low-mid 40hp and have the same compression ratio. Really, the only difference is the fuel injection, associated sensors and ECU on the C50 vs the vacuum operated carb on the Vol.
Someone said that the Vol/C50 engines are COMPLETELY different and don't share any commonality, and that the C50 is a lower compression engine. According to everything I can find, it agrees with what you said, they are the same engine, same compression, and just swapped carburetor for fuel injection, with necessary associated parts to fit and electronics to manage the fuel.

·
Registered
21,181 Posts
Nope. Underneath the same engine. Different cylinder heads (especially on the new dual plug models), different ignition systems, and a suite of sensors on the C50 that doesn't exist on the Volusia. Unfortunately, you can't do a direct swap one for the other, without all the associated electronics and such.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.