Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the diameter for handlebar holders. I want to make my own spacers out of some brushed aluminum stock, but would like to know the diameter. I have used the search function, but was unable to find it. HELP!!!

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
ZAK, what are "handlebar holders" ??? Do you mean the two risers that hold the handlebar in place? In that case, take vernier calipers and measure the round area on the bottom of one of the risers.

The handlebars themselves are 1 inch diameter.

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Those look like the ones from eBay for 50 bucks ?? 8) I got those and am very happy with the handlebar position now (since the front fork is at an angle, the handlebar will automatically come about 1 inch closer to you - works for me!

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Hi...I'm assuming by 'handlebar holders' you mean the risers, the pieces that attach the handlebars to the top triple tree. If you want to make spacers i'm thinking you want to raise your risers (handlebars) higher.
The outside dimension of the bottom of the riser (where they meet the triple tree) is 36 mm or 1.45 inches.
Hope this helps. :wink:

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, thats what I am talking about. The manual calls them "handlebar holders". Thanks for all your help!!

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
moenko said:
Those look like the ones from eBay for 50 bucks ?? 8) I got those and am very happy with the handlebar position now (since the front fork is at an angle, the handlebar will automatically come about 1 inch closer to you - works for me!
Could be, but I actually got them off the site here from Spacer Jim last year (he has a thread in Vendor & Acc). Misplaced them for a while, but will probably install in a couple weeks when I put my DJ drive and new bags on. Glad to hear you like them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Made a set myself at 2 inches by 35 millemetres. Had a hard time finding a 6 inch metric bolt[I think 14 mil] so i would drill the hole 1/2 inch because a 6 inch by 1/2 inch bolt is easy to find. Put them on and i like them. Riding position is more comfortable for me.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
ZAKATK said:
Does anyone know the diameter for handlebar holders. I want to make my own spacers out of some brushed aluminum stock, but would like to know the diameter. I have used the search function, but was unable to find it. HELP!!!
Same outside diameter as the bar end weights. I drilled my weights and used them for spacers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here is a cheap option for you. I might try it this weekend to see if risers will help any with my riding/seat comfort.
[/url]http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=4363.0

1 - 10 of 10 Posts