Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to put together a small, localized, chill meal and ride this spring for anyone interested. I live in the downriver area on the border of Wayne and Monroe counties. What I'd like to do is get a few like-minded people together, grill up some burgers or something and once everyone is nice and full, head out for a couple hour ride just for fun. I figured it'd open an opportunity for people in the area to meet, maybe find some new riders around etc. Before I go any further, let me say this: I'm big on safety. I'm not looking to ride next to anyone who might endanger my friends or myself by acting like a fool in the saddle. If you're one of those people, please move on to the next post. If you're a responsible rider of sound nature and are looking for a free hot dog and some people to hit the road with, let me know. I haven't set a date or anything like that yet, I'm just trying to figure out how many people I'm potentially looking at before I start considering details. As far as I'm concerned, I don't care what you ride as long as you're safe in a group. Anyway, let me know! I look forward to it. And as always, ride safe.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Flint Mi here... i may be interested as long as work allows. i have a couple of friends i ride with locally here. we hit all we can the rides like biking for burns and such. i would be cool to meet up with some of the members here. myself and my wife may have issues with a straight couple hr ride after tho. with the hr ride there and such our bodies cant handle long rides anymore. plus my choped c50 is not build for comfort any more. lol. its a great bar hopper now but my but cant take LONG seat times. my wife has had back problems for years and just found out last month that she broke her back 10 plus years ago and doctors missed it. it never healed properly. her seat time is short as well.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Flint Mi here... i may be interested as long as work allows. i have a couple of friends i ride with locally here. we hit all we can the rides like biking for burns and such. i would be cool to meet up with some of the members here. myself and my wife may have issues with a straight couple hr ride after tho. with the hr ride there and such our bodies cant handle long rides anymore. plus my choped c50 is not build for comfort any more. lol. its a great bar hopper now but my but cant take LONG seat times. my wife has had back problems for years and just found out last month that she broke her back 10 plus years ago and doctors missed it. it never healed properly. her seat time is short as well.
That brings up another point. Depending on where everyone is located, maybe we can all meet at a middle ground so nobody is doing too much driving? Find a park in the middle, meet and eat, do a couple ride together and head on home? Bring your friends, family, etc. I think it might be safe to shoot for somewhere in may or June. Weather permitting of course. We'll see.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never been on a group ride and have been wanting to do so. I am in Marshall but willing to drive a decent amount to meet up. Gives me an excuse to put some miles on her.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Keep an eye on the thread. As the weather warms, I'll be updating. You're welcome to join. Learning to ride in a group isn't a hard thing to do. Just have to keep pace, keep a safe space between riders, etc. Pretty self explanatory. Oh and STAY OFF THE GRAVEL!! haha I just don't want to be riding with anyone who is going to think it's ok to cut in and out or in front of someone, whatever. My main point is everyone has a good time and gets home in one piece. If you're on the same page, lets roll.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Given that the weather and the timing is right, I'd be happy to attend. Coming from Chicago. Crash-space? ~S~

·
Premium Member
8,031 Posts
I'm also interested. Keep me in the loop as to a time and meet up place. Haven't been on a Southeast VR group ride in a long time.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've been wanting to meet some of the folks from this site and this sounds like an easy way to get meet a few and get acquainted. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see when spring actually comes to our fair neck of the woods - seems with all this cold and snow it will never come.

I would also like to find some folks familiar with the C50 machine as I have purchased a C90 drive, C90 drive shaft, bushings, extra C50 drive shaft, and think I have everything to make one of the DJ (Type) Drives. I may even have an extra U-Joint, not sure. Anyone familiar with process could probably help guide me through the next steps. Thanks in advance. I hope winter breaks soon so we can get back to riding.

Looking forward to meeting you,

Smokey

PS ~ Slowhand - I'm sure we could find some crash space if you are driving in for the ride. Let me know when the time comes, and we can make arrangements.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I'm interested as well. I love to ride up to Michigan.

·
Registered
284 Posts
could do something in a park on Hines dr and then ride up to hell and back....

i dont have an M50 anymore... but my victory loves to get out and ride.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
could do something in a park on Hines dr and then ride up to hell and back....

i dont have an M50 anymore... but my victory loves to get out and ride.
That's not a bad idea. Maybe we can all meet up in Hines, grill some dogs, hang out for a bit and take the ride to hell? What about a slow ride around grosse ile? Road is kinda tight there but a nice view of the water. Or to a bike show somewhere? We'll see. I like the Hines park idea though.

·
Premium Member
8,031 Posts
That's not a bad idea. Maybe we can all meet up in Hines, grill some dogs, hang out for a bit and take the ride to hell? What about a slow ride around grosse ile? Road is kinda tight there but a nice view of the water. Or to a bike show somewhere? We'll see. I like the Hines park idea though.
Hmm... all this mentioning of Hines Park, gives me the impression that there are some VR folks very close by. :shades:

Meeting and riding in Hines Park is a fine idea, however, if it's on a Saturday, make sure we get together west of Newburgh Rd. Anything east of Newburgh is closed off on Saturdays, so that runners and bicyclists can enjoy the road.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I would love to meet up and ride. I still have my M50 but haven't ridden it since i got the big bagger. Joel are you going to VR fest in Gettysburg this year?

John

·
Registered
49 Posts
My weekends are slowly starting to book up....any idea on a date for this yet?
I would still love to try and make this and meet some new people.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts