Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PennDOT has placed a new stop sign on the stretch of road I like to refer to as the "Tail of the Iguana" which consists of PA 233 from PA 34 to PA 997 with what used to be a single stop at the intersection of Rt30. Not anymore, now there is a stop sign at Shippensburg road, which I found very startling on my ride this morning. I was going south, and had passed both lakes, did the obligatory rest stop at the bathrooms at Pine Grove Furnace, and was back in that Zen mindspace concentrating on my lines through the curves and hills, when BANG! STOP SIGN!

It upset me so much I had to turn east on 30 and spend some time at Mister Ed's Elephant Museum and Candy shop. I was soothed by rocky road fudge and a Cheerwine cola, but the ride was spoiled, and also we needed to go home to walk our dogs.

Still a good morning.:biglaugh:

·
Super Moderator
4,310 Posts
Good area to ride and near my backyard...Holla next time and will join yah..Maybe ride up and over 997 onto Rt 641 onto Rt 75 to McConnellsburg 's Mountainhouse???
OK or plan a weekend ride? Where you located?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I'd go back in the middle of the night and remove that sign!>:)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good area to ride and near my backyard...Holla next time and will join yah..Maybe ride up and over 997 onto Rt 641 onto Rt 75 to McConnellsburg 's Mountainhouse???
OK or plan a weekend ride? Where you located?

Littlestown. Grew up in the 'burg, never achieved escape velocity from the square, just managed a low orbit:biglaugh:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd go back in the middle of the night and remove that sign!>:)

Yeah, I'm already an automatic suspect when it comes to new weight limit signs in the area, or at least I was when I was younger and they made getting home in a loaded truck almost impossible for me. Since I got married and settled down, I have changed a lot of those old outlaw ways. Plus I moved to a job where I don't bring a truck home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts