Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,592 Posts
probably a good time to be applying for a passport...shouldn't take long considering the percentage of people considering traveling overseas right now or to destinations requiring one....hopefully by next year...hey thats just a few days away...things will be better for travel. Should be a nice trip.

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
Passport fees go up the first of the year.

We'll be doing an Alaska cruise next year also.

·
Registered
214 Posts
i tought it was just me,, I feel like the front brakes are different every time I get on it. I never know how they are going to be,, squishy or grabby lol
Mine was the same when i first got it. But new brake pads and new brake fluid, plus about an hour's labor, made a vast improvement. Now, if you're comparing the brakes to four-pot Brembos on a brand-new bike they're weak sisters, but compared to other cruisers of my bike's vintage (2008) ithey are fine.

·
Registered
21,191 Posts
Mine was the same when i first got it. But new brake pads and new brake fluid, plus about an hour's labor, made a vast improvement. Now, if you're comparing the brakes to four-pot Brembos on a brand-new bike they're weak sisters, but compared to other cruisers of my bike's vintage (2008) ithey are fine.
One of the most stark differences between the C50 and the Vulcan 900 was the brakes. I had no idea just how bad the C50 brakes were until I moved to a competitor's motorcycle. It was astonishing just how bad the 1950's technology that Suzuki continues to use was.

Reactions: ShelbyGT6869

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just saw this, glad to hear your incident was on the minor side and you’re ok.
Maybe instead of replacing the front fender you should jack up the licence plate and put another bike under it…….lol
Remember this .......-RIDE LIKE YOUR INVISIBLE . expect no one to see you . Best wishes.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts