Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50T
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well It happened. Going to shop for my wife for Christmas, a lady switched lanes , got in front of me and immediately SLAMMED on her breaks. I ALMOST got stopped. I said almost,, I hit her rear bumper which did NOTHING to her car not even a little scratch and broke the front 6 inches off my front fender. Anyone know where I can get one without taking a loan out,,,, LOL

·
Super Moderator
24,381 Posts
sorry to read this...check ebay for a fender...may have to repaint it... also post in the help section...may find someone there who has one laying around...long shot but some have changed the look of their rides and have removed theirs. Good luck...glad you weren't hurt.

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
I`m glad to hear that it wasn`t a terrible crash.

·
Premium Member
3,972 Posts
Glad you're okay.

·
Super Moderator
31,407 Posts
So glad you're good. DC is right, guys are constantly bobbing their bikes and selling of the parts. Definitely look for used.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Just saw this, glad to hear your incident was on the minor side and you’re ok.
Maybe instead of replacing the front fender you should jack up the licence plate and put another bike under it…….lol

·
Registered
20,810 Posts
One of my chief complaints about the C50 is the brakes. The front brake is anemic, the rear brake is there for show only. I got ABS on my CTX and I will never ride another bike again without it. Glad you're ok.

Reactions: ShelbyGT6869

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One of my chief complaints about the C50 is the brakes. The front brake is anemic, the rear brake is there for show only. I got ABS on my CTX and I will never ride another bike again without it. Glad you're ok.
i tought it was just me,, I feel like the front brakes are different every time I get on it. I never know how they are going to be,, squishy or grabby lol

·
Super Moderator
31,407 Posts
i tought it was just me,, I feel like the front brakes are different every time I get on it. I never know how they are going to be,, squishy or grabby lol
It's not just you. The back brake only has two modes, doing nothing or full lock. I used to fishtail mine all the time when that drum would lock up.

·
Registered
20,810 Posts
Nope. It's the bike. It is built to meet a certain price point, so some of the features and functions are second rate, including the brakes. We've spent a lot of time and money over the years trying to make up for those deficiencies. The best you can do for the front brakes is replace the pads with EBC semi-sintered pads and replace the brake line with braided stainless steel. This will give you marginally better braking performance, but it should be used with caution as in injudicious application of the front lever can lock the wheel and throw you over the handlebars.

Reactions: ShelbyGT6869

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well It happened. Going to shop for my wife for Christmas, a lady switched lanes , got in front of me and immediately SLAMMED on her breaks. I ALMOST got stopped. I said almost,, I hit her rear bumper which did NOTHING to her car not even a little scratch and broke the front 6 inches off my front fender. Anyone know where I can get one without taking a loan out,,,, LOL
I have a 2007 C50 front fender, rear fender and tank. Tank would need to be cleaned and sealed. Several years ago I could not find a replacement tank so I just bought all new from the factory. Have the boxes the new parts came in. If interested in any of these email me at [email protected]. Will take the parts out of the boxes and send pictures.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a 2007 C50 front fender, rear fender and tank. Tank would need to be cleaned and sealed. Several years ago I could not find a replacement tank so I just bought all new from the factory. Have the boxes the new parts came in. If interested in any of these email me at [email protected]. Will take the parts out of the boxes and send pictures.
email sent

1 - 20 of 25 Posts