Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and his wife are having our first grandchild next month. He needs to sell his bike to buy things for the baby.....crib, nursery furniture, all that stuff. Anyway, he's selling his 1994 VS800 Intruder with 30,000 miles, runs great, good condition. New tires, new battery. He's not sure what to ask for it. He's thinking maybe $2,000. What does everyone think it's worth?

·
Registered
624 Posts
KBB has it at $1765 retail/dealer.
$1155 trade in, so you might be a little high,
But be ready to make a deal if someone throws an offer between those 2, so the $2000 gives you some room to come down.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I was looking at the thread titles really fast, and my brain quickly saw three words: "Son For Sale". :biglaugh: Seriously though, nice bike! Hoping he gets a quick sale. It's the right time of the year to sell! :wayhappy:

·
Registered
452 Posts
I don't know about the bike, but the first grandchild is priceless. They kind of lose their punch after eight or nine of them, but the first one is great. Congrats to your family and the best of luck.

·
Super Moderator
25,178 Posts
Congrats on the grandbaby and good luck on the sell.

Like GrapeApe said, you've probably got a good asking price, but prepare for about $1,500. This time of year, you might just get $2k though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
20,459 Posts
congrats on the new addition and the ride looks pretty nice condition for a 20 year old bike...good luck with the sale.

·
Premium Member
9,059 Posts
I think the "VR" should have a baby shower! :applause:

Necessity to provide means selling the bike and we all have to do what we have to do ............... but how far is $1500 going to get you. It also means Grampa and son won't be riding together and that's not so great now is it? :scoot: Looks like a nice bike to keep around cause you'll never replace it for that.

Heck I'd chip in for a crib if we got enough members that would do the same. :moneyeyes:

Just a thought ...........

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys! You know, I'm retired, have some extra dollars, I might just buy that bike myself, and give it back to him. Don't know if he'll agree to that, but I'm gonna run it past him.

·
The Village Idiot
5,018 Posts
Thanks guys! You know, I'm retired, have some extra dollars, I might just buy that bike myself, and give it back to him. Don't know if he'll agree to that, but I'm gonna run it past him.
Don't offer it to him. Just do it. It's better to ask forgiveness than permission. Have a buddy he don't know? Give that buddy 1500 bones. .. Tell him to"buy" it from your boy. Then have your boy come over for a baby shower and surprise him with it wrapped in a big bow complete with baby diapers overflowing out of the saddle bags.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't offer it to him. Just do it. It's better to ask forgiveness than permission. Have a buddy he don't know? Give that buddy 1500 bones. .. Tell him to"buy" it from your boy. Then have your boy come over for a baby shower and surprise him with it wrapped in a big bow complete with baby diapers overflowing out of the saddle bags.

Great idea!!!!

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Diehard, didn't anyone tell you it's the grandparent's job to buy all that stuff? Your son gets to keep his bike! :)

·
Premium Member
9,059 Posts

Yup, I like this idea ............... except for the "overflowing" baby diapers!!! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the ideas guys, but I just got done talking to my son. He sold the bike already for $1900.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts