Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all! Today, I picked up a 2007 C90T with about 9500 miles on it. It's clear that the previous owner took great care of the bike. With that said, I got it home and noticed something hanging from under the tank, and I've searched the online parts diagrams with no luck. Can someone help me figure out what this is, and what I should do to correct the issue?

Here's a photo of the area:

Here's a close-up of the hanging part:

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer!

·
Super Moderator
4,461 Posts
Throwing out the welcome mat for your first post from Gettysburg...

·
Super Moderator
26,420 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

I can't tell what it is from your pic. Sorry, I know I'm no help, but there are a lot of guys around here smarter than me. They'll be along shortly, I'm sure.

They're probably all watching the Superbowl hoping to win Dennis's stale jelly beans.

Speaking of which, don't feed the monkey.

·
Registered
19,764 Posts
That is the PAIR valve, or at least what's left of it. The function of the PAIR valve is to "inject" fresh air into the exhaust system at the exhaust port causing burning of the unburned fuel vapors prior to leaving the pipes also thinning out the mixture with enough air to reduce smog causing emissions. Most people remove it because it looks like crap and it can cause the exhaust to 'burble' during compression braking.

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hi, all! Today, I picked up a 2007 C90T with about 9500 miles on it. It's clear that the previous owner took great care of the bike. With that said, I got it home and noticed something hanging from under the tank, and I've searched the online parts diagrams with no luck. Can someone help me figure out what this is, and what I should do to correct the issue?

Here's a photo of the area:

Here's a close-up of the hanging part:

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer!
Someone wanted the naked jugs look and removed the stock football shaped chrome fake air cleaner that holds the pair valve and relocated/secured the solenoid to it's current location.
It's fine the way it is,
DO NOT MESS WITH IT, LEAVE IT ALONE.

Reactions: Whiskey
1 - 5 of 5 Posts