Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD!! - For sale by original owner, ONLY 2800 MILES !!

Bought this baby brand new and dressed her up....Snakeskin tassles on grips, Chrome radiator cover, chrome speedometer visor, chrome lower deflectors, Leatherlyke studded saddlebags with easy-off clips, beaded heavy-duty tall windshield w/ chrome fork mounts, windshield bag, full lightbar, and sissybar w/ studded backrest. Had a gel insert added to the seat. Also have a perfectly matching HJG AC-3 white pearl helmet.

Has had all scheduled maintenance and runs great.
Garage-kept from day 1.

Life has just gotten in the way...and kid is now in college (need tuition $). I hate seeing her sit in the garage, so she's yours for only $4000.

Pix are in my album: http://www.volusiariders.com/members/21749-scorpio66-albums4009-2003-anniversary-edition-vl800-picture19457-2003volusia-rightside.html

I live in the far western suburbs of Chicago.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Pictures are a must. A bit over priced based on Nada and Kelly. Remove all you can and sell the pieces separately. You will get more money for it. All the bling adds no value. You will hear this many times. Be patient. There is an ass for every seat. Some will same that low milage is not good. I don't buy into that. If it was a car those same people would be all over it.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Nice bike. Hope you get your price. 11 years old and asking the same price as a 5-6 year old bike? 2800 miles in 11 years? Who does that? 250 miles per year. 20 miles per month? That's just not right! Your correct, not fair to the bike to sit for that long. Not good on the motor, fluids, gears, tires, hoses, etc. I put 200 miles per week on a 1956 single cylinder plus a 1000 more per month on my Blvd. Got to ride these things to get any value out of them. I'm just kidding, so don't take it too serious. Good luck.

rv

·
Premium Member
6,301 Posts
scorpio I remembered you tried selling before, wow, a lot of time has gone by. Looks like you only added about 100 miles since 2007. I agree on the price being a bit high but also like others said selling add-ons does recoup some cash. If you need a hand with anything let me know, I'm in your area.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
For sale by original owner, ONLY 2800 MILES !!

Bought this baby brand new and dressed her up....Snakeskin tassles on grips, Chrome radiator cover, chrome speedometer visor, chrome lower deflectors, Leatherlyke studded saddlebags with easy-off clips, beaded heavy-duty tall windshield w/ chrome fork mounts, windshield bag, full lightbar, and sissybar w/ studded backrest. Had a gel insert added to the seat. Also have a perfectly matching HJG AC-3 white pearl helmet.

Has had all scheduled maintenance and runs great.
Garage-kept from day 1.

Life has just gotten in the way...and kid is now in college (need tuition $). I hate seeing her sit in the garage, so she's yours for only $4000.

Pix are in my album: http://www.volusiariders.com/members/21749-scorpio66-albums4009-2003-anniversary-edition-vl800-picture19457-2003volusia-rightside.html

I live in the far western suburbs of Chicago.

But, Gee, kids off to college is usually when are able to get out and do crazy things like.... ride! :wayhappy: Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Hi Scorpio any interest n selling the lightbar?" - Peteb

Hey Peteb, I'm not looking to part her out.
Thanks for the inquiry though!

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Good luck with the sale. I've got an '06 that I put 600 miles on last season. But I have another bike to ride too. There are all kinds of reasons for low milage, living in Canada just one of them.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Good luck with the sale. I've got an '06 that I put 600 miles on last season. But I have another bike to ride too. There are all kinds of reasons for low milage, living in Canada just one of them.
I agree with Viper. I picked up a 2007 2 years ago with only 3800km (thats 2361 miles for you 10-64 :biglaugh:). I have put about 10000km since I got her and it would have been way more if it werent for winter, life and surgeries getting in the way.

I see the OP is in Chicago. The weather and winters can be worse there than here in Toronto.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
The weather and winters can be worse there than here in Toronto.
Ain't that the truth. Winter just doesn't want to let go. I've rode 3 times since the 1st of March, but we got 2 inches of snow yesterday and we expect a little more tomorrow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts