Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As daft as the reason may be, it is because the carb irritated me too much. Here in the UK its usually cold, and I just found it so irritating messing with the choke, and I could never get it to run how I wanted with Cruzers on it. Other smaller things are the plastic fenders which I wasn't keen on but was by no means a deal breaker.
That said, I am fully open to getting a more modern one with fuel injection.
I've also got my eye on a vn900 classic but its a higher miler at 29k, though it does have full service history and has had the valves done. Is that a bit too high though? My vl800 had only 13k.
One more thing with regards to an FI C50, in the UK they have o2 sensors in the exhaust (is this called a closed loop system?). Is it required to mod some aftermarket pipes so the sensors fit in there for optimal running?
Thanks

·
Registered
671 Posts
As daft as the reason may be, it is because the carb irritated me too much. Here in the UK its usually cold, and I just found it so irritating messing with the choke, and I could never get it to run how I wanted with Cruzers on it. Other smaller things are the plastic fenders which I wasn't keen on but was by no means a deal breaker.
That said, I am fully open to getting a more modern one with fuel injection.
I've also got my eye on a vn900 classic but its a higher miler at 29k, though it does have full service history and has had the valves done. Is that a bit too high though? My vl800 had only 13k.
One more thing with regards to an FI C50, in the UK they have o2 sensors in the exhaust (is this called a closed loop system?). Is it required to mod some aftermarket pipes so the sensors fit in there for optimal running?
Thanks
That's too bad. After a couple hours of time, my jet kit enables cold weather starts with no choke and fast warm up. Cost me around 50 bucks.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
+1 on the jet kit. Never touched the choke on my Vol. Cobra drags and K & N.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Cobra has the option of closed or open loop on their pipes.
You just have to select the year of your bike, or you can select O2 sensor option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.