Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD I have a Genuine Leather Harley Tour pack for sale. It is in good condition. I had this on my 2009 C50 and Yamaha Roadstar. I will include the custom mounted LED light. I fabricated a stainless steel bracket to mount the light behind the backrest pad. This Custom Dynamics Light bar functions as a tail light and the brake function, it flashes bright 3 times then remains on bright. The light is $29.95 US new. https://www.customdynamics.com/dual-intensity-led-light-bar-with-flashing-brake-alert?cat=#productSpecifications
This model of Trunk is well suited for a Metric bike as it does not have external Harley badging. It is the newer version of trunk that utilizes Plastic fasteners under the buckles to secure the lid. You don't have to fiddle with the buckles. The buckles do allow you to adjust for a larger load. The backrest pad is comfy for the passenger.

It will hold a 24 bottle case of beer! I could put both my wife's and my full face helmet inside if I turned them just right. Harley does not claim two full face helmet capacity. It doesn't quite look like the kind of trunk that should be on an FJR with hard bags so that is the only reason for selling. It is a great trunk and I never had any issues with water leaking in.

The only marks on it is on the back edge where I had a Boulevard windshield emblem stuck on. The emblem fit perfectly there. It isn't as noticeable when on the bike as it is in the photo. I didn't try to camouflage it with shoe polish. That would be something that can easily be done. I was going to put a Yamaha emblem on it when it was on the Roadstar but I didn't get around to doing it.

This is the Trunk only as you see it (no mounting rack). The trunk will mount up to a suitable rack.
I have pictures in my Drop Box https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f8mb401vtjw8gla/AAAvwU5HOlqHo1KB01ed2h_Ha?dl=0
The closest matching trunk on the Harley site lists the trunk at $699.95 USD $876.95 CAN

I'm asking $300 USD or $350 CAN plus shipping. I'm in Canada postal code N2V1V4

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I likely can find some pictures of it on my C50 and Roadstar. Just pm me your email.

·
Super Moderator
8,770 Posts
I've always liked the leather Tour Pack. Wanted one for my Cross Roads; I still think it would have looked good.

Nice price, especially with the lights! Hope someone jumps on this quickly.

·
Registered
19,344 Posts
Just because you swapped for a bike swathed in tupperware.......

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes added more Tupperware! The Harley trunk is leather covered plastic and steel. A pretty beefy plate in the bottom of it!

·
Super Moderator
19,694 Posts
you mean the one I lost...decided against replacing it when I started riding w/o it...ended up buying a sissybar/backrest...works for the wife...miss the trunk part but the saddlebags give me what I need room wise...Jay (Capt Cruiser) bought one from a member here he offered to give me and mount it so that I would never have to worry about it ever falling off...great gesture but at that point I pretty much made up my mind I was not going to replace it. Do have a luggage rack that the trunk was mounted to that I use a lot. One thing I had a problem with when I was initially shopping for a replacement trunk was finding a trunk that gave the saddlebag lids enough clearance to open with the trunk mounted. Couldn't believe the limited choices I had.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
this sounds like a great deal. i was looking for one a couple of years ago, they were a lot more than this. wound up getting a fiberglass one. I have the leather appearing bags, great match for them

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The beauty of the leather tour pack is you don't have to paint it and if you have leather bags then you have a complete good looking package. The OEM Suzuki saddle bags with the side buckles have the same sort of look of the trunk with the chrome buckles and the plastic clips underneath.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
  • Width 18.50 Inch

• Material Height 13.0 Inch

• Material Depth 17.0 Inch

• Capacity 2503.0 Cubic inch

I didn't have any trouble opening the OEM leather saddle bags. When I had it on the Roadstar I didn't have any trouble with the OEM hard bags. If you pm me your email I can send you pictures of the trunk on the C50
David

1 - 17 of 17 Posts