Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pics are here: Final Drive Photos by kcroz56 | Photobucket

I ran this drive somewhere between 3500-4000 miles...no issues whatsoever. Is turns silky smooth by hand.

I never could get the Intruder shock attachment bolt out (#26 in the diagram). As you can see, I mangled it up pretty good…it wouldn’t budge. I was going to take it to a machine shop but never got around to it. When the drive was on my bike I did not (could not) reattach the fake swing arm.

My son-in-law machined the shaft for me per MoDZuKi’s diagrams on the VR website. As you can see he nicked it up a bit where the shaft will butt up against the u-joint but it worked just fine. Like I wrote above, no issues. Looks the same as when I first installed it.

Took a pic of the gear oil I used for reference.

$375 plus shipping. It's all packaged up...just needs a mailing label. Weight of the package is 29 lbs.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Alf just posted looking to do one.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Pics are here: Final Drive Photos by kcroz56 | Photobucket

I ran this drive somewhere between 3500-4000 miles...no issues whatsoever. Is turns silky smooth by hand.

I never could get the Intruder shock attachment bolt out (#26 in the diagram). As you can see, I mangled it up pretty good…it wouldn’t budge. I was going to take it to a machine shop but never got around to it. When the drive was on my bike I did not (could not) reattach the fake swing arm.

My son-in-law machined the shaft for me per MoDZuKi’s diagrams on the VR website. As you can see he nicked it up a bit where the shaft will butt up against the u-joint but it worked just fine. Like I wrote above, no issues. Looks the same as when I first installed it.

Took a pic of the gear oil I used for reference.

$375 plus shipping. It's all packaged up...just needs a mailing label. Weight of the package is 29 lbs.

I ll take it

PMed you

tks

·
Registered
1,477 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
A few minutes with a torch was what mine took to loosen. It was in tighter than.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.