Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a Victory earlier this year and thought for sure I would be able to get some of my buddies to take advantage of me having a spare bike. Not the case. I wouldn't mind getting the money back to use for other things, and the garage space. I will miss her but would like to see someone else enjoy all the work I did.

09 C50 with just over 25k. I've tastefully modded this bike to my own liking but can't see how anyone would not love it! You can find my build thread on here. I'm in Baraboo, WI.

-brand new Barnett clutch and springs
-Gman custom intake
-Gman fuel controller
-modified factory mufflers with Thrush glasspacks-not too loud but gives it a nice vtwin burble
-Flyscreen windshield
-Pirelli MT66 tires with custom white lettering. Less than 1000 miles.
-Clubman handlebars (I have the stock beach bars as well but I'm tall and they hit my leg in tight turns
-tank strap/bra with phone holder/storage pouch
-passenger seat, backrest and saddlebags- these are currently removed but come with the bike.
-Swingarm bag currently installed
-M50 mag wheel w/Ride on tire sealant, I also have the stock rear wheel with a new Dunlop tire and tube on it.
-LED headlight bulb
-also have some uninstalled adjustable lowering bones

·
Super Moderator
22,942 Posts
good price...should sell...nice looking ride too...hope you have good memories riding it...enjoy the victory.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many many good memories. She got me back into riding. I don't really want to sell her but it doesn't make sense to keep it. I won't be heartbroken if it doesn't sell though!

·
Registered
20,274 Posts
At one point, I had 5 motorcycles in the garage. I thought I'd be heartbroken to let any of them go. Nope. I rode the one I liked most often and the others sat, so one by one they went off to greener pastures. You've got it priced right, so it should sell quickly. Unfortunately, there's no way to recoup the cost of the farkles and add-ons that you spent over the past 10 months. But that's the way of things with motorcycles - and it's why I always recommend hanging on to the OEM parts. You can restore it to original and then sell the farkles and actually get some of that money back.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Skrap, I'm aware of this! That's why I have it priced reasonably. I could certainly pull some things off but the mods set it apart from the others for sale. I enjoyed the ride, and the mods, no need to be unreasonable on what it's worth.

Reactions: Skrapiron

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I wish it were black. Priced perfectly for me.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Burgundy(or whatever color it is) is pretty sharp. Got a real nice sparkle to it in the sunlight. If you're really in the market for one, I doubt you'll find anything but a bone stock one for this price in this good of shape.

Keep me in mind if you're not finding a black one!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Trying to talk my son in to this as its a sweet ride

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, How did you know the m50 rear wheel would fit?
Found plenty of information on the forum here confirming it would. I had a tube blow out at low speed and decided I never wanted to experience that again. Rear tire has RideOn tire sealant for peace of mind. Have it in both tires on my other bike.

Reactions: SJ86

·
Registered
120 Posts
Found plenty of information on the forum here confirming it would. I had a tube blow out at low speed and decided I never wanted to experience that again. Rear tire has RideOn tire sealant for peace of mind. Have it in both tires on my other bike.
Cool! Do you know if the front tire from an M50 will fit? I ask for the same reasons you experienced. I have a 2019 C50 so I may still have some research to do.

·
Registered
20,274 Posts
No, the M50 wheel will not fit without modification.

Reactions: VRH

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bike was sold last Monday guys. To a new C50 owner. He's super happy with it and has been riding it every day. Came off a Vstar 650 and wanted something bigger but not huge. I'll still be around on the forum from time to time. This has to be one of the best forums I've ever been part of.

Reactions: Jmbrad

·
Super Moderator
22,942 Posts
glad it worked out...what are you looking to upgrade to?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
glad it worked out...what are you looking to upgrade to?
I already got a Victory Kingpin 8ball. I made a thread about it earlier this year. Loving it!

Reactions: SJ86 and Jmbrad
1 - 16 of 16 Posts