Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the socket size for the right snd left swing arm pivot lock nut and bolt. I'm trying to remove the u-joint assy and cannot get to it. The service manual indicates the swing arm must be removed to access the boot and u-joint.

Thanks,

RV

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
What is the socket size for the right snd left swing arm pivot lock nut and bolt. I'm trying to remove the u-joint assy and cannot get to it. The service manual indicates the swing arm must be removed to access the boot and u-joint.

Thanks,

RV

Hmmmm.... Let me run and get my manual! :biglaugh: Sound familiar?

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmm.... Let me run and get my manual! :biglaugh: Sound familiar?
I've got the service manual and it does not reflect the size. Picture shows that they need to be removed to take off the swing arm to get to the u-joint assy.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just joking... reference to the fuse problem. Hope you have been able to find the socket size. :)
I get it. I generally understand most comments here to be helpful. You've always been a positive commentator....

I'm taking the day off today from the parts bike to ride my C50c to Austin. Catch up with my son, DIL and the grandkids. Will start again refreshed on the parts bike on Friday.

RV

·
Registered
795 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
So this mean you have a spare C50 drive shaft.

Might I suggest you send it to Aric Balster in Sturgis SD and have it modified for use in a C90/VL1500 or VS1400 drive.

Aric could return it with a spacer and bushing, all you'd need is an applicable drive and then you'd really have something.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So this mean you have a spare C50 drive shaft.

Might I suggest you send it to Aric Balster in Sturgis SD and have it modified for use in a C90/VL1500 or VS1400 drive.

Aric could return it with a spacer and bushing, all you'd need is an applicable drive and then you'd really have something.
Well, no I don't have an extra drive shaft. I pulled the shaft and u-joint from the parts bike and the drive step down spacer to sell to a member here. Sent PayPal request for funds tonight.

What I do have is my original stock drive and shaft (currently running an original DJ drive since 2012) from my personal bike. It sits in the garage under wraps so at some point I can swap it in when I ever decide to sell or trade my C50c. I hope to have a spare motor when this project parts bike is completley dismantled and finished.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts