Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I picked up one of these for 29.99 at my local O'Reileys Auto Parts store where my friend is a manager (too bad he is out of town our might have got a discount). It may be cheaper elsewhere.

You set the tire pressure you want and hit the power button. The little compressor starts working while you do something else. When at the proper PSI, the compressor stops. I checked my air filter and repositioned a relay switch while filling a tire with air. Quick and easy without having to stop and check repeatedly.

Digital Inflator - How to inflate a flat tire. - YouTube

This cheap one works through a cigarette lighter hooked to a 12V battery. I had to use my car this time but will have an attachment for the bike soon. There are rechargeable systems but I don't know the price and went the inexpensive route.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
i carry a slime pump with a nealey repair kit.

·
Registered
19,521 Posts
Best $30 you can spend. I've carried one for years... Hope I never need it, but it is there if I do.

·
Administrator
29,600 Posts
I've got one, wth tubeless tires its all I need besides a patch kit!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I blew $90 a few months ago on an all-metal one that does 150psi. Pumps up a 35psi truck tire in a minute or two. Works on my bikes so quick it is crazy. Also has alligator clips and really heavy-gauge wire, so I can take it on the bike if I need it. I got it at O'Reilly. It does nto have the auto-stop feature, but I had one of those a while back and do not want another.

The way mine worked was that you would set the PSI and when the needle rotated around as the tire filled, it would touch a piece of metal on the knob that sets it, causing a brief short, which triggered a relay and turned it off. Mine stopped working after a few months of regular use on ATV tires and such. The needle and the piece it touched built up some blackness where it would spark when touching, and it would not make a connection. Oh well, I love my new one!

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^ Yep, I saw that model. I passed on it. This one is digital so no sparks. It didn't take very long to do the front tire. Maybe 3 minutes (it is a small compressor). Little, light box. Now, I can stop and help people who need air. That would be fun, a guy on a bike stopping to help a car fill up a tire with air.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Do you happen to have the part number or a picture of the digital one you're talking about.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts