Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, about an hour after going to bed, our middle son burst out of his room and ran downstairs. My wife and I, still awake and with our door open, wondered if he had possibly forgotten a favorite toy or blanket before bedtime. A few minutes later, he rushed back upstairs, hustled to his room and closed the door. We didn't think much of it.

About 30 minutes later, my glucose monitor started alerting me that my blood sugar was headed too far south and I headed downstairs to get a snack. When I rounded the corner into the kitchen I was greeted by a strong odor of wet dog mixed with something I couldn't quite pinpoint. I flipped the light on and walked over to the dog's crate. She looked like she had just come in from being walked in the rain.

Yep. Boy was sleeping walking and peed all over the dog. Oy.

Have a great Friday!

...and if you know a good counselor to help a dog with its PTSD, we're looking for references.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Imagine how shocked the dog was 😮

• Haha
Reactions: JimK and Whiskey

·
Super Moderator
9,352 Posts
Oh my!! :oops:

Another entry under the “You can’t make this stuff up” category.

·
Super Moderator
30,910 Posts
The poor pooch was probably thinking, and they get onto me for peeing in a corner. 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
20,762 Posts
Wow. That is not where I was expecting this to go.....

• Wow
Reactions: NateDog 62

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I guess the plus side of this (for your son not the dog) is that he didn’t leave the house…..
Yeah...And the dog soaked up the pee. So it didn't get on the floor.:p

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So how did the cage in the shower work out Chad?
Cage is still where it was. Dog seems none the worse for wear at this point. LOL

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
The dog will never sleep again.:p

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Our family friend had to put an alarm on their doors after finding their daughter outside in her pajamas in the middle of winter.
As someone who lives in a cold weather climate, that was a huge worry for us right after it happened. We have the benefit of having a baby/dog gate at the top of the stairs and it's right outside our bedroom door. At present, none of our kids have the manually dexterity to open it without making a crap ton of noise and waking me up. He's only done this twice--the sleepwalking, not peeing on the dog--in the 3 years we've lived in this house.

Reactions: NateDog 62
1 - 19 of 19 Posts