Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Administrator
6,065 Posts
I told him it was a side effect of drinking too much Makers Mark. :) Good to hear that he's doing better!
Somebody else said it was his new cams. Seriously, either explanation could have some truth in it - as could simple overwork.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Glad to hear he's doing better!!

·
Super Moderator
22,930 Posts
rumor has it Snake went over to pay off his "bet" and left a scratch on the tank...hope things are doing better today Chris.

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
I had a little text echange with him last night at about 10, and he was on the way home, so he wasn't kept overnight. Sky-high blood pressure, which they got under control, but all other tests had good (or at least normal) results.

·
Super Moderator
22,930 Posts
I had a little text echange with him last night at about 10, and he was on the way home, so he wasn't kept overnight. Sky-high blood pressure, which they got under control, but all other tests had good (or at least normal) results.
thanx for the update.

·
Registered
15,543 Posts
Thanks everyone,

Seem to be doing better, felt a little "funny" since sunday, so finally went to the regular doctor yesterday and as soon as he took my BP (230/148) he said that they were sending me to the hospital. I went to grab my leather jacket and he said "no no, we are calling an ambulance" at this point i got a little nervious. Ambulance was there fast and they brought me out of the Doc's office on the stretcher.

Emergancy room was packed, but when your brought in on the stretcher you get bumped to the front of the line. So i was put in a room and told to lay down and relax. "relaxing" was about the fathest thing from my mind. haha.

they ran an EKG, a Cat Scan, Chest Xray and a bunch of blood tests. All the test came back fine and they put me on an intravenous Beta Blocker. after a couple hours one nurse took my pressure again and got 224/140. the doctor started talking about admitting me..then another nurse took the BP machine and tested me again to be sure and came up with 140/80, much better. We waited another 1/2 hour and did it again and it was 125/75 even better. So i was sent home with a prescription and instructions to follow up with my family doctor. (appt. scheduled for friday)

tried to stay home today, but was bored so i went to work and got in late at 9:30 to a office full of concern and hugs(from the females).

thanks again for everyones well wishes and prayers.

chris

thanks again for

·
Super Moderator
9,169 Posts
You're getting a big hug from THIS female if you come to the ride on Saturday.

So, so glad you're doing better today, Chris. Do all the follow-up stuff, OK? We want you to be riding with us for years and years to come.

·
Premium Member
27,181 Posts
Thanks everyone,

Seem to be doing better, felt a little "funny" since sunday, so finally went to the regular doctor yesterday and as soon as he took my BP (230/148) he said that they were sending me to the hospital. I went to grab my leather jacket and he said "no no, we are calling an ambulance" at this point i got a little nervious. Ambulance was there fast and they brought me out of the Doc's office on the stretcher.

Emergancy room was packed, but when your brought in on the stretcher you get bumped to the front of the line. So i was put in a room and told to lay down and relax. "relaxing" was about the fathest thing from my mind. haha.

they ran an EKG, a Cat Scan, Chest Xray and a bunch of blood tests. All the test came back fine and they put me on an intravenous Beta Blocker. after a couple hours one nurse took my pressure again and got 224/140. the doctor started talking about admitting me..then another nurse took the BP machine and tested me again to be sure and came up with 140/80, much better. We waited another 1/2 hour and did it again and it was 125/75 even better. So i was sent home with a presc69ription and instructions to follow up with my family doctor. (appt. scheduled for friday)

tried to stay home today, but was bored so i went to work and got in late at 9:30 to a office full of concern and hugs(from the females).

thanks again for everyones well wishes and prayers.

chris

thanks again for
Glad all is well. I'm on a beta blocker too for the same thing. High stress job had me up around 169/95 or so. These days after several years on a beta blocker and a no stress job I run on average around 128/80. Good luck and stay on top of your BP. It will kill you if you aren't careful.

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
Glad you're feeling better. It's moments like these that make you realize what is important in life. At this point, I'm sure having a clean bike is not really important to you.

·
Administrator
6,065 Posts
Glad you're feeling better. It's moments like these that make you realize what is important in life. At this point, I'm sure having a clean bike is not really important to you.
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I'm glad you are better . Recent studies (by me) have shown that riding will reduce BP better than drugs . this message was not approved by Dr Beezer.

·
Administrator
16,484 Posts
Boy - I'd bet he would be a lot less stressed out if he didn't have to keep worrying about if you were going to pay off your bet, or welch on it :biglaugh:

Chris - glad your feeling better, now go to your follow up and find out why.

Maybe Ken can take Friday off of work and come clean your bike so when you get home from the doctors you can go for a ride. :shades:

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
So glad to hear you are better and the BP is in control!:wayhappy:
Make sure you follow up with your Doctor

Here's another ...(HUG)

·
Super Moderator
22,930 Posts
good news... think a week in some sunny tropical isle would do wonders...

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Glad to hear the good news, Chris!! If you need anything, let us know - I mean it !! And keep us posted about what your doc has to say tomorrow...

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Thank God your all right (OK, maybe feeling better would be a better choice of words). Maker's Mark stock fell off the charts on Tuesday. Was this the cause or the result I don't know.
Now you have to worry about the Doctor's orders!! They'll have you off wine and women but you'll still be allowed to sing. Of course the rest of us may suffer some side effects.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts