Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around on the internet for a sissy bar for my 2019 C50. This is mostly for my wife so she will ride with me. She never liked the short ones (like the OEM one I had on a VS1400). And in measuring where she wants the wide pad to be, is centered about 15 inches above the pillion seat. None of the manufacturers seem to supply any measurement information. Just a fitment statement.

Would/can any one on the forum suggest a make/model that would fit the above need?

·
Super Moderator
21,558 Posts
when I was searching to replace the pad on my sissy bar I found many with their measurements on ebay.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when I was searching to replace the pad on my sissy bar I found many with their measurements on ebay.
It is not just the pad. I am looking to find out how high the pad sits over the pillion seat. That is the trick.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did you end up finding something the wife was happy with? I'm looking for the same for my wife as well. Might want something a little bigger than the stock sissy bar and pad.

·
Super Moderator
21,558 Posts
on my sissy bar, my pad mounts to a plate that is roughly 7 inches from the rear pillon and can be mounted as high as 11 inches..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you end up finding something the wife was happy with? I'm looking for the same for my wife as well. Might want something a little bigger than the stock sissy bar and pad.
Yes. I installed a Cobra Sissy bar, the pad is 12" wide and the bottom of the pad is 3" above the pillion seat and 11" at the top. It fit her well!.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I checked with Cobra by phone as to what would fit. Then I looked for a source on the internet. Basically all were the same price as was my local Suzuki dealer. Nobody was discounting at the time. So I purchased it through my local dealer. They found one in stock in their network and I had it in a week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts