Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a thread about this subject in the forum a few years back but it did not give me the answer I was looking for so I ordered some online from J&P Cycles. They are Eagle Leather Chrome Spots and look just like OEM. 1/2 inch round #1048917. Pack of 20 for $13.99 shipped.

I could not figure out how to use the button with the prongs without taking the whole backrest apart so I just snipped the prongs off and superglued the stud on the backrest. It's not going anywhere!

Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,600 Posts
The replacement studs are meant to be pushed through the vinyl and crimped over the secure them to the cover material. This means disassembling the saddle/backrest, pulling the staples out of the cover material and removing it from the bike. The super glue will work for a little while, but when it fails, it will leave behind a tear in the vinyl, or a gritty crater, depending on which mechanical connection gives way first.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
You can partially bend one prong over, hook it into material, then push the second prong in and bend both of them at the same time by pressing them against the edge of the board in the backrest. No disassembly required.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts