Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did it. 2015 Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low in Vivid Black.

Signed the papers today, they don't have one on the floor and are not real sure when they will get one but when they do, it's mine.

I traded the Street Glide in and kept most of my after market goodies (pretty much everything except mufflers 'cause I didn't have stockers to put back on and I didn't know what effect that'd have on the stage 1 flash).

Anyway they got what they wanted and I got what I wanted. I went in with a number in my head based on NADA figures and condition of my bike. At first we were $600 apart and I was surprised we were that close. It took awhile and one walk out the door buy they came up $400 of the $600 and I caved. I am satisfied with the deal I got and am looking forward to the Rushmore upgrades on a bike 7 years newer than the one I traded in. No pics yet.

Following are the highlights of the 2015 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low and Ultra Limited Low:

• Rubber-mounted, Air-Cooled 1690cc High Output Twin Cam 103 engine with integrated oil cooler; finished in Black with chrome covers, and:
- 6-Speed Cruise Drive transmission
- Hydraulic Assist and Slip clutch
- Electronic Cruise Control
- Low-mantenance belt drive

• Pull-back handlebar places grips two inches closer to the rider

• Super premium reduced reach, low-profile two-up seat

• Reduced-width primary housing and derby cover for improved rider leg clearance

• Upgraded Premium lowered front and rear suspension lowers motorcycle by one inch

• Smaller diameter hand grips reduce lever reach

• Jiffy stand extension reduces reach

• Passenger footboards and pivoting mounts permit easier mobility and greater leg clearance

• Batwing fairing with Splitstream vent for reduced head buffeting

• Reflex Linked Brakes with ABS; floating open front brake rotors

• Daymaker LED headlight and fog lights

• Boom! Box 4.3 infotainment system, Bluetooth capability, with 25-watt per channel amplifier and four speakers

• Jukebox media compartment with USB connection and One-Touch access door

• Injection-molded hard saddlebags with chrome One-Touch design latch

• Injection-molded Tour-Pak case with One-Touch latch and integrated lock

• Rear LED stop, turn, and position lights located on the Tour-Pak

• Ergonomic hand controls with intuitive design and tactile feel

• Streamlined, low profile front fender

• Two glove boxes, located inside fairing lowers with One-Touch access doors

• Impeller Cast Aluminum wheels

• Chrome 2-1-2 dual exhaust with tapered mufflers

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
You change bikes faster than I change shoes Russ.......................congrats anyway.

·
Administrator
16,660 Posts
Congratulations on the new ride. Sounds like a beauty.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Congratulations. Enjoy the new ride. Looking forward to the pictures.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Congratulations, we are enjoying our 2014 ultra limited. The "low" sounds like it moves things around just right. Putting bars on ours next week to bring em back.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Congrats! It sounds like a great machine for you & your sweetie

·
Super Moderator
4,880 Posts
New baby

Congratulation Russ. Hope the scooter treats you well like the dreamglide. Thought you were over the fairing thang? Roadking???.Enjoy the new arrival. Best. D

·
Super Moderator
33,452 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Hopefully it'll come in quickly. Post pics when you take delivery, I love to live vicariously through other people's wallets! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
1690 cc?!?
That should be able to pull the front wheel up, no?

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You change bikes faster than I change shoes Russ.......................congrats anyway.
LOL, the other day I was bragging up the 10 year power train warranty on my kia. My daughter remarked "and the longest I've ever known you to own a car is about 3 years". :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congratulations, we are enjoying our 2014 ultra limited. The "low" sounds like it moves things around just right. Putting bars on ours next week to bring em back.
It does fit me (5'5" on my best day) very well with the exception of the Reduced Reach seat. That pushes the rider forward two inches and that is too much. Feels like I'm setting on top of the tank.

The good news is that the Low Down Mustang seat that was on the 08 will fit right on the 15. :wayhappy:

Reactions: JamieC50
1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.