Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cry: I REALLY enjoyed the beautiful weather this past week. On Thursday it was in the 70's, brilliant sunshine and brilliant fall colors here in southern MN, so of course I took the day off work and spent 8 hours enjoying it all. At a fuel stop in Wabasha there must have been 30 bikes at the station, and no big groups, just all individuals or pairs of bikes. Everyone had the same idea, apparently.

But alas, the next three weeks I will be busy with other things, so after a short ride yesterday I filled it up with Stabil-laced gas and put it in my friend's barn for the winter. I put it up a few inches on the jack to prevent flat spots on the tires (mechanical stop, not relying on the jack's hydraulic cylinder to keep it up!), plugged in the battery tender, covered it with a tarp and said farewell for the next six months or so.

I hate this time of year in this part of the country!!! :crying:

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
I'll be putting mine away in 2 weeks (November 1st) :(

·
Super Moderator
4,890 Posts
Still Riding

Weather here is still perfect for cooler riding ......60's. Rode into Gettysburg for dinner over the weekend. Nice to get the bike cleaned up and take it for a spin. When the snow hits, then we store it in the garage, tender & on standby. Nice bike Scotty.

·
Registered
763 Posts
we are hovering around the 50 degree F mark - not quite ready to turn in my bike. Still riding every day to work (and back!!). I agree -- this is a painful time of the year! Monday promises to be 18 C - -yeah, I think that's 64 F -- that'll be nice! Hmmmm, how do I (cough) get out of (cough) work so I can (cough) enjoy the (cough) nice weather???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.