Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to change the mirrors on my 2007 VZ 800 M50. I can find many different ones on amazon.ca but it leaves a lot to the immigration as to what they look like mounted. I'm looking to go with flat black preferably. If you have aftermarket mirrors show me a pic so I can see how they look. It would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
I'll have to take a picture and upload it for you, but I went with the biggest mirrors I could find. Most OEM mirrors leave a lot to be desired in the viewing department and are more geared to style. I want to see what's around me and even add the small parabolic mirrors to mine to get the best view. May not be the most beautiful things in the world, but safety trumps looks any day in my book.

·
Super Moderator
25,226 Posts
Had these on my C50. They looked great on the bike, but I couldn't see much out of them. I guess it depends on what your goal is, making the bike look better or being able to see cars behind you without turning your head. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
245 Posts
I like big mirrors and I cannot lie...

I'm just throwing this one out there because they don't come in black, but...
My bike had a pair of expensive aftermarket mirrors installed by the previous owner that were fancy/cool but frankly, I couldn't see shite with them...Just too small. I was constantly moving my head to find out what was behind me. Very annoying and not very safe, especially on the interstates and ramps.

They had to go...

Someone on this forum recommended these....
J&P Cycles The 'Big One' Chrome Mirror - ZZ76430
I've had them on the bike for a couple of years now, and they're great. Easy on the wallet, too.

Seeing well is better than looking good...and theses mirrors look good, too.

·
Super Moderator
25,226 Posts
The ones I had were from Kuryakyn and they came in black. They've got a large selection of various mirrors, but most of the ones that "look cool" aren't very good at visibility. If you go with something like @Menhir suggested, you can always paint them yourself. I've had really good luck painting automotive parts with black grill paint. It's really durable and you can usually get it in gloss or flat, depending on what you're looking for. Doing mirrors would take a bit of time to disassemble and tape them up, but with some patience you'd probably be surprised at how well they turned out. At $22 you could probably get away with buying two sets so you could practice on one.

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
X2 on the J&P "Big Ones". I have used those on all my bikes and LOVE them. Scuff up the chrome and paint them black. I use SEM Trim Black for my accessories.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts