Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trailered the bike up to Blue Ridge, GA yesterday, staying in a "cabin" with my sister-in-law and her husband. He and I rode a big loop this morning: 515/76 out of Blue Ridge to Blairsville, south on 19 to 180, 180 to 60, and 60 back to Blue Ridge. This was my first time riding twisties and the bike got the workout of it's life on 180 and 60. I was a little worried that I've trouble keeping the RPMs up with the DJ drive but we did just fine. Beautiful weather here today and quite a bit different riding than in NW Florida. Hopefully some tamer, two-up riding this afternoon. We'll be here a few days.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rode over to Dalton, GA yesterday to have some repair work done on my brother-in-law's Harley...he blew a baffle completely out of a pipe on our Friday ride and needed a new rear tire. Anyway, here's a pic of his "skunk" and the morning view from the balcony.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
65,684 Posts
Beautiful bike. Too bad he didn't get it together before you got there so you didn't need to waste valuable vacation/riding time sitting in a shop for a tire.

·
Super Moderator
33,549 Posts
If you're still in the area, let me know and maybe we can meet for a beer. Blue Ridge and Dalton aren't too far away from me. Very beautiful area up there.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you're still in the area, let me know and maybe we can meet for a beer. Blue Ridge and Dalton aren't too far away from me. Very beautiful area up there.
Had more family roll in last night and my day has been planned for me. Thanks for the offer though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.