Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've shipped a few things out of Canada, and it always seems less to ship out, then Ship into Canada ?....:moneyeyes:
Any thoughts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
There can be a few things can affect the process of the cost from USA to Canada.

The first thing is the cost of the item. Even if it is a gift you have to declare the value.
The second is what the item is ..... where it is made..... and what the item is made of.

Each item has a tariff code for it to enter into Canada.
Depending on the item and how it was shipped will depend on if it will need to clear customs via a customs brokerage house.
Fedex - UPS - use their own customs brokerage people.

Most items that are completely made in the USA have no duty but you will pay the taxes depending on the province in which it is destine.

Customs brokerage fees can be very high.
Duties - depending on the product and where it was made can be very high.

Generally if you are shipping into Canada use USPS. United States Postal Service. Make sure that there is a commercial invoice stating where the product was made and that will expedite any duties and taxes needed to be paid.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There can be a few things can affect the process of the cost from USA to Canada.

The first thing is the cost of the item. Even if it is a gift you have to declare the value.
The second is what the item is ..... where it is made..... and what the item is made of.

Each item has a tariff code for it to enter into Canada.
Depending on the item and how it was shipped will depend on if it will need to clear customs via a customs brokerage house.
Fedex - UPS - use their own customs brokerage people.

Most items that are completely made in the USA have no duty but you will pay the taxes depending on the province in which it is destine.

Customs brokerage fees can be very high.
Duties - depending on the product and where it was made can be very high.

Generally if you are shipping into Canada use USPS. United States Postal Service. Make sure that there is a commercial invoice stating where the product was made and that will expedite any duties and taxes needed to be paid.

Hope this helps.
I understand that,,,,Iv only been hit a few times , what I mean is. I sent a set of crash bars in the store box marked Suzuki I marked it crash bars value $50.
$28 shipped from ns Canada to OK USA DAM FAR.....he sent a small box 1/4 the weight it was $20.55. Going out of Canada is less .? It could be because we send less out. And they want there trucks full going both ways. Just a guess

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Hmmm......That is weird because usually it cost a lot less to ship in/from the US.
It could depend on how it was shipped. Did they purchase extra insurance/packaging ect.

Did he ship it collect. Because if he did then there is a surcharge added on as well.

I know that express costs more than ground - Fedex - UPS

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That same person was going to sell me a backrest for $50. He looked into shipping it was $40. Cash bars a heavier then a backrest

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm......That is weird because usually it cost a lot less to ship in/from the US.
It could depend on how it was shipped. Did they purchase extra insurance/packaging ect.

Did he ship it collect. Because if he did then there is a surcharge added on as well.

I know that express costs more than ground - Fedex - UPS
Nope he paid and I paid. I sent with track num. if I didn't want track info it was 16$

1 - 6 of 6 Posts