Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 01 Volusia about a month and was hoping to get used to the shifter position but haven't. The shifter is set too high and sometimes I miss a gear. I noticed this when I bought the bike and the guy said he always wore boots so it was no problem, but even with boots it's too high above my toe. Is it a big job too adjust? I don't want to get something out of whack. Thanks

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
Yes, you can adjust the shifter on the '01 Volusia, no problem. you need to adjust the linkage, shorter or longer, also.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have an 02 and had to adjust mine last week for floorboards. You can get some adjustment by loosening the front and rear nuts on the shifter linkage rod, 10mm I think. NOTE that the front nut was reverse thread on mine. Once these nuts are loose you can rotate the rod and watch the shifter raise or lower. When it is where you want it, tighten both nuts and your ready to ride. If more adjustment is needed then you'll have to remove the clamp and rotate it one spline. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies. Iwill give it a try and let you know if I need any more help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts