Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would being 3/4 of a quart oil LOW cause the shifter to not return when you are up-shifting ? There was no oil visible in the sight window . 2005 C50 first time out ,without inspecting anything :bigoops: I noticed that my heel -toe shifter wasn't always returning to position after up-shifting :?, it would stay down.
OR is there a spring that works it ??
Thanks , it was the first decent day this spring

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
yes, old oil will also show a sticky shifter I would be changing oil immediately which will also help. if your checking the sight glass while the bike is on the side stand, the oil level will not show. Must be upright.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My uncle, last year, bought a c50 and was complaining about this issue. Whenever he would shift up the gears it would stick, if he would shift down through the gears it would not.

Upon checking everything he could, the end conclusion was - he has big feet, and his foot was catching the heal shifter, preventing the shifter from returning to position.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Note on checking oil, even if bike is upright and level it should not be running. If you just ran the engine make sure it sits for a while before checking level...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I kinda thought it was due to low oil . I was just in too big of a hurry to enjoy the day . Cold as crap again now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts