Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was absolutely tickled when I got my new (to me) 2002 Volusia to crank yesterday. Next step was to connect all lines and add gas. Issue ... The two lines exiting the Fuel Valve (left side of tank, underside) were missing. If you were to put gas into the tank, it would just run out the Fuel Valve and onto the ground. I did find the Vacuum Line that attaches to the smaller port on the Fuel Valve and put that on. The Fuel Line that attaches to the larger port on the Fuel Valve was completely missing. I did find a Fuel Line running down the opposite side of the bike that looks to have been cut, but I could not determine where it terminated. Then I figured I'd be a smart guy and find the Fuel Pump, identify the Fuel Line coming from the Fuel Valve, backtrack, and install in a new Fuel Line. ISSUE #1. I CANNOT FIND THE FUEL PUMP! One manual says it lives under the battery box. I disassembled that area and looked hard. Nothing (see images). Another VR member pointed out that I've had a NAKED JUGS mod to my bike (see images) and implied the Fuel Pump might have been moved in that mod. Maybe. I've attached a schematic that shows the fuel system, including all the above parts, but the darn Fuel Pump's physical location still evades me. Any HELP would be greatly appreciated.
Fuel pump 1.jpg

·
Registered
19,691 Posts
Unless you have the CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS bike, there IS NO secondary fuel pump. The fuel valve is vacuum operated and all that is used to deliver fuel to the carb. In order to accomplish this, you need three hoses: fuel line, vacuum and PAIR valve vacuum. Since your PAIR valve is gone, you need to PLUG that line to allow the tank to operate correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts