Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started skipping and popping under throttle acceleration all the sudden started popping and skipping thought I got bad gas change the gas out still same thing as long as I don't throttle up or get on it ,I can just ease around but you can't pull out in the traffic new NGK plugs,coils,filter,R&R carb clean as a whistle,replaced ignitor or ecm as most calls ooouch! Even when as far as disconnecting all add on LEDs stereos and amps,,still skips bad under load will shut down if you keep throttling. She's an 03 vl and never nothing but maintance and her odometer stopped at 36,000 many many years ago;. If anyone's got any logical explanation or fix Rayray64 could use some help

·
Registered
71 Posts
Check rectifier connections thoroughly. The plug from the stator gets hot and the metal tabs will melt the plastic slightly, making for a loose connection.

·
Registered
8,158 Posts
check the vac lines also. a crack would limit the fuel from the petcock

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did find some slightly melted connectors lower left cover wires from stator I think haven't repaired them yet,thanks for the info,,valve adjusted since first post but same issue ,gonna repair harness tonight after work,thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts