Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
no pics here or any of your post Robyn I promise I wont share them.....well maybe with Beezer

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
glad its just the arm...as for Dave...

take care...best therapy for an injured arm is repetitive lifting of a margarita to sip on while recuperating. Be surprised how after 3 or 4 you feel no discomfort at all...big hug going your way.l
That stuff is disgusting Dennis. Making a real Italian lasagne tomorrow.
No drinking while on muscle relaxers, so I'll have to make do with coffee :)

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Sorry you were in an accident. I hope you get back to 100% as quickly as possible and the insurance works things out in your favor. If you had been on the bike, you probably wouldn't have been there...you would have been several minutes down the road.

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Sorry you were in an accident. I hope you get back to 100% as quickly as possible and the insurance works things out in your favor. If you had been on the bike, you probably wouldn't have been there...you would have been several minutes down the road.
I don't think I'd be around, period, if I'd been on the bike. She was flying !

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Speed limit was 45 & I think she was at least 55. Witness said she was moving.
I was making a left on a green arrow & was about 3/4 thru my turn when the "shark" came out of nowhere & we hit front corners; my rt her left. Turned me 90 degrees, across the median & I t-boned another car, thankfully not fast, & my airbag went off. I continued into a parking lot wondering why I was still moving...oh yeah, I gotta apply the brake :D The car that hit me took out a small tree & was rocking on 2 wheels when I looked.
Her statement: " I didn't run the light.....but I'm totally at fault" Say what ??? Her insurance szys she admits fault but only has $10k coverage :eek: Her last words to Dave (my hubby) was "our lawyers will talk"

Reactions: guitarjim

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
PA = Physician's Assistant
someone else to add to the ER bill
(never saw a dr)
Oh, ok.
We don't have doctors much out here anymore either.
They call them nurse practitioners.

Reactions: Rob 61

·
Super Moderator
20,787 Posts
remember dropping my collision on my truck a few years before I junked it...not a good idea for any vehicle worth $$$...but in my case, for the condition, mileage etc,,,figured it didn't make sense paying the extra money...pretty much relieves the insurance company from having to pay you, then they have to go after her insurance company but in my case, not much of a gamble as it was really worth very little, so it worked out in my favor... hope the insurance nightmare doesn't get too ugly...hope you're feeling better.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Oh, ok.
We don't have doctors much out here anymore either.
They call them nurse practitioners.
Given my recent experiences with the medical system and having a nurse for a wife, I absolutely refuse to be seen by a nurse practitioner 90% of the time. I am being billed at the same rate as a doctor's reimbursement and am paying for his expertise and extensive education. I am not against nurse practitioners and appreciate their extra education. They do have a place in the medical field. This has caused not a few problems recently and has resulted in me changing doctors in one incident.

·
Super Moderator
58,168 Posts
Given my recent experiences with the medical system and having a nurse for a wife, I absolutely refuse to be seen by a nurse practitioner 90% of the time. I am being billed at the same rate as a doctor's reimbursement and am paying for his expertise and extensive education. I am not against nurse practitioners and appreciate their extra education. They do have a place in the medical field. This has caused not a few problems recently and has resulted in me changing doctors in one incident.
Missed you at the rally Kurt.

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I don't know how you get away with that low. And it gets split between me & the guy I hit :eek: (my last er bill was $24k, not including drs & x-rays) And she walks away without a ticket ! This state is f'cked up !!

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
How does she not have a ticket? There is separate coverage for medical and for the vehicle. No way is the medical side only $10K to cover all parties involved in the wreck. An ambulance ride can go through that 10K. I set my medical coverage at $250k that is not split. I hope you are not in for a long legal battle to get things paid and repaired.

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Update:
My insurance totalled the car :(
Her liability is $10k, no medical at all. My insurance will cover my medical bills, but I don't want my premiums going up. I don't know why she didn't get a ticket since there was an independent witness who said she ran the light. And she admitted it ! I may call a lawyer just to make her pay out of pocket. It's not right that she carries min insurance & then just walks away free & clear.
Today we start car shopping. We get to go into debt cause $7500 won't buy us much. And the thought of buying a used car with an unknown history makes me cringe.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts