Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 201 Posts

·
Administrator
16,312 Posts
OMG!!!! Glad you are ok and posting.

Please let me know if there's ANYTHING you need.

Just ask.

Prayers for a speedy recovery for both of you.

Thanks dear lord for keeping an angel with Dennis today.

·
Administrator
5,973 Posts
Oh maaaaan Dennis! Good work limiting the damage, and thank God it wasn't any worse. Please give Barb my best wishes (and Woodswoman's), and of course the same for you yourself.

Let me know if you want to borrow my bike for MayBay, since I can't go myself.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Sorry you had an accident. Hope you and the wife recover completely.

College kids and aggressive driving seem to happen a lot.

Don't know if it did any good but when I had college kids I keep reminding them it was their responsibility to live long enough to become old like me.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Wow, glad y'all are relatively ok! Hits kinda close to home for me as today is the most my wife has ever ridden with me, and the very first time she's done so without a helmet (her choice btw). I pray for a speedy recovery physically and mentally for all involved.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
We'll miss you today, Dennis!!! Hope you will be back on a new set of wheels soon ;) It speaks volumes of you considering the well-being of the young driver (even while I have no compassion for recklessly dashing through a Stop sign! Hope she will never do that again.).

As discussed, I may stop at your house this week to check on you two, depending on how you guys are feeling.

Now, this opens a whole new contest: What bike will replace the trusty C-90 ?? :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks for sharing your story Dennis. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for both of you!
Hopefully your story will help someone else avoid a similar accident. Many of us live in rural areas that don't have 4 way stop signs at crossings. Any many of those intersections have visual barriers that make detection of cross traffic difficult (whether it is high bushes or corn). You did nothing to contribute to the accident besides being at that location when she came through, but you handled it with class and made it a learning experience for others. Thanks goodness you were wearing the right gear. I know I'll be scanning a lot more closely in the future....

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
So sorry to hear about this. Glad to hear you and Barb are relatively OK. Please give Barb a little extra attention.
My heart goes out to you on the lose of one of your best friends the Big C.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Dennis, so sorry to hear but so very glad to hear the "minor" nature of the injuries. You both survived with minimal physical injuries - that clearly means your 2 second decisions were the right ones.
Reading I felt the flush of memory from my similar but more minor incident. Prayers for the physical and mental recover as well as for a settlement to replace all that needs replacing.
Take care Brother.

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
So glad you are ok but ****, those kinds sure are aggravating. But I think without question your familiarity with the side road and its potential definitely saved you. Totally understand the feelings re: your wife. My wife just last year decided (unsolicited) she wanted to ride with me...and the dichotomy of it is that I hope that any potential incident doesn't change her viewpoint of it.

Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
so sorry to read this, glad you guys made it through. Hoping for a quick healing. I know it was your experience that lessened the severity of this. Would some Pa shoo-fly pie help?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wow...so glad injuries werent more serious!! I cannot imagine how you felt as your wife was laying in the middle of the road injured!! Terrible terrible terrible!!! When my wife and I ride, all I care about and can think about is her safety!! Really makes a guy think twice about riding!! Just way too many accidents lately in the Chattanooga area, where we live..probably the same everywhere, Im guessing!! What type of helmet were you guys wearing by the way?? We always wear 1/2 helmets, but really considering going with something different!! Again, so glad you both will survive, and praying for a full and speedy recovery!!!

·
Premium Member
12,258 Posts
Wow Dennis, I'm sure glad to hear it wasn't worse......It took years for your wife to come around and share your passion for the road. Healing prayers sent out for the mind and body.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
763 Posts
I am so sorry to read this. I am thankful you and your wife are alive. The outcome could've been worse. Great to know you have support around you. Sending best wishes and prayers from Brampton, Ontario.

21 - 40 of 201 Posts