Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Everything that can be said has been said and I fully agree with all.... and all the karma i have.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Prayers and thoughts on the way, I hope for a full recovery to all of you, thanks for the update Bob, please keep us posted

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
My heart was in my throat when Lori told us about this.. my prayers have been and continue to be with you all....

·
Banned
4,413 Posts
I was stunned & speechless when Lori told me about this Saturday nite. Actually still am. All the prayers, good wishes & karma are heading west from Maryland.

·
Registered
246 Posts
We went to St. Francis yesterday and the ICU waiting room was filled with several friends and family members of Rose and Bird. Lots of love and support going on there. I echo all the other well wishes and prayers that are going out here.
To make the weekend even worse we slammed into a deer on the way back home last night. Really boogered up the front end of the car, but we're all OK.................Barry

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Barry,
Thansk for coming over yesterday. We all appreciate it here. You guys are really special to Daisy and me, and now you're special to the whole group of riders here too.
That really sucks about the deer. I'm glad everyone is OK.

bob

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this. You are all in my thoughts and prayers today.

-Dan

·
Registered
222 Posts
Wow Bob, I don't know what to say. This may be the first time I'm glad I was stuck in the middle of a project and couldn't ride this weekend, otherwise I would have been there with you. I'm so glad that Daisy is alright, although watching the whole accident had to have been hard on her. As you know I was hit last August so I totally know how you must feel now, if I can do anything at all please let me know. I am so sorry to hear about this. I will keep all of you in my thoughts, especially Rose and Bird.

Scott

·
Registered
27,502 Posts
Alright, listen you all, everybody just stay in bed under the covers today! I can't believe you guys hit a deer Barry!!! :shock:
Bob, any update on Rose and Bird?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Barry & Cindy,
So glad you all are okay. I couldn't have handled any more disaster especially resulting from you all hitting a deer because you came to help me and Bob get through this. Being as shaken as I am in this time, it was priceless to me to spend time with our very first biker friends. It quickly brought back to me the start of Bob's and my love for riding. I needed that now. I love you guys and needed you yesterday in a way that none of us will ever understand. Thank you for your love and friendship. Now when the movie plays in my head as is does over and over, I will see the love in your faces that lets me know life will go on just as our friendship.

Thanks to all who have taken a moment to comfort us. The strength it brings is indescribable.

Sincerely,
Daisy (1Shot Mama)

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
After being in an accident that killed 19 people. All I can say, may the image in the mind soften and may the days ahead bring everyone together.
May your sorrow turn to joy and may your tears turn to laughter. It is hard now and the days ahead will require much rehab to recover in the best way.
Use the pain to focus on living and enjoying each moment.

Thoughts are with you all,

Bob and Mary

We will be at St. Francis on Thursday or Friday. Perhaps we can meet.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey, you guys. We have been praying for all of you. We will also
be in prayer for the gals at our CMA meeting tonight. Barry
probably told you our CMA chaplain said to let him know if there
is anything he can do at all. He will be in OK next week at the
Sparks rally.

I have also been praying about the financial hardship I know this
will bring to everyone involved, and the mental recovery. There is
just so much recovery that needs to take place.

Love and prayers
Roger & Velma

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I think we "all" need to write a appropriate (not negative) , but concerned letter to the DA on this one.

Unauthorized Use of a vehicle is "joyriding" ... and is a no nothing charge anymore. This kid deserves things added on like , wreckless driving, wreckless endangerment (carryies much more than joyriding does), how about attempted murder (?).

sounds to me like they don't plan to do more then slap his hand and send him home.

POLECAT / WOODMEISTER; how about a trip to Wagoner.... maybe we can run his head into a van a few times at 30-40 mph... to give him an idea. Then, we'll start lesson 2... with the cell phone.

I'm at least writing a letter to the paper there, and the DA. They will be tactfully correct, but also , to the friggin point. Any DA who gets 20 to 50 letters, is going to know people are paying attention and will usually react to them. Especially, if the paper starts reporting on it....

Jeez... Hogfan... what is with you and deer.... you need to start freezin em. Really GLAD... you were in the car.... and OK. Man, we didn't need you guys hurt too.

Prayers & good wishes are with everyone...

1Shot... lets us know when we're having the bike party at your house to fix everyone's bikes. If there is anything at all I can do , I'm here.... just a touch away.

41 - 60 of 146 Posts